Classic bikes

vic-fzr600
This post is 4896 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Evening all!

Just wondering if anyone is into classic bikes (apart from Yams of course!)

I'm lucky enough to get to ride my dads BSA & Velocettes. It's a really different experience but I love it !!

Currently restoring a Sun, picked up as a sentimental addition to the garage but turns out it's quite rare.

Vic

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I do like the brit classics, but no room/no money/wife/nearly no job prevents me from having one <_<

I like the rudge ulsters, squariel's, panthers and the pre war flat tankers.

I'm lucky that my dad has a few so I get to share!

They are great fun, love the noise too from the 1934 velocette!

Grew up around classics like that so got a list of stuff I'd love to own at some point.

noisy oily smelly unreliable rusty old shite,:) hows that for an oppinion.:P

sorry kev but dont believe everything you read far from smelly and unreliable or rusty old shite, i like all classic bikes but the brit bikes were the bikes of my youth, pity i did not keep any of them as the bikes i had could be bought for new at £300 and £ 400,now they are going for silly money even the jap classics. tried to buy this one in september but just could not raise the price.

th_DSC01224.jpg

far from rusty B) full of character and great fun.

noisy oily smelly unreliable rusty old shite,:) hows that for an oppinion.:P

No No kev, they are asking about classics not your LC

:P

Aye Vic " i missed the britt erra "just" , 1975, We had james and B.s.a"s for field bikes , like kev says , we spent all day fixing them up, to get half an hours running out of them.

And when the RD400C burst on the scene,B) The dominators & gold stars " crept back bellow there stones, I like the Sunbeam S7, tho ,:)

Classic brit bikes. Nah, shows just what a conceited lot we were.

Vincent, 1000cc V twin, cantelever rear suspention fastest production motorcycle in the world, for a couple of years maybe?, nope till the bloody seventies and stuff like the CB750 and the Z1 appeared :rolleyes: . The japs didnt steal the industry we gave it to em wrapped in pretty paper.

I'm with Kev, oily shite.

Classic brit bikes. Nah, shows just what a conceited lot we were.

Vincent, 1000cc V twin, cantelever rear suspention fastest production motorcycle in the world,????till the bloody seventies and stuff like the CB750 and the Z1 appeared :rolleyes: . The japs didnt steal the industry we gave it to em wrapped in pretty paper.

True Jason. " We gifted them the Market. " You missed out the 1969 H1 Kawasaki 500 Mack3 . Mind blowing perfomance, 0-60 4.2 secs in them days, :rolleyes:

True Jason. " We gifted them the Market. " You missed out the 1969 H1 Kawasaki 500 Mack3 . Mind blowing perfomance, 0-60 4.2 secs in them days, :rolleyes:

I still thinks the devil nicks your bike when he REALLY wants to scare people :o

Mad Max wasn't a fantasy, alive and kicking in Scotland :P