wheel painting

littlepig
This post is 4975 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

howdy gents,I'm trying to paint the spokes on the little machine and am wondering is hammerite ok to use ? every time i clean and dry the bike the very next day the rust has started on the spokes and rim.i also can't remove the wheels as am on a main road with no f''n axle stands.other question is autosol ? is this the best for me shiny bits ? i bought blue job its shit,and more expensive than cocaine.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hammerite's fine, i've seen frames done in that and it looks good (in spray form)

I use Peeks polish as its less abrasive than solvol and can do paint work and plastic

howdy gents,I'm trying to paint the spokes on the little machine and am wondering is hammerite ok to use ? every time i clean and dry the bike the very next day the rust has started on the spokes and rim.i also can't remove the wheels as am on a main road with no f''n axle stands.other question is autosol ? is this the best for me shiny bits ? i bought blue job its shit,and more expensive than cocaine.

TOKNABOOT ?, painted spokes will look feckin hellish, and if their chrome then like Drewpy says 'peeks' or 'Bergom alu' and elbow grease

if your just trying to get them shiney and keep them that way. give them a good clean then put clearcoat (rattle can paint) on them, it wont last forever but it will provide some protection for a few months at a time. :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online