DT 175 MX

jebb
This post is 5053 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

help needed. I'm wondering if any one knows the length (end to end) of the kickstart shaft. I've heard there are two different lengths. Mine is about 116 mm, but is too short and fouls the rear brake lever. Any advice appreciated.

Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,

help needed. I'm wondering if any one knows the length (end to end) of the kickstart shaft. I've heard there are two different lengths. Mine is about 116 mm, but is too short and fouls the rear brake lever. Any advice appreciated.

Cheers

Ok? How exactly does it foul the brake lever. It sits below the kicker, they should be nowhere near each other. As far as i'm aware its the same shaft from 71to 84/5ish pretty much bar a few spacers and the spring tension.

Some pictures would be usefull.

It fowls the brake lever 'cos it fowls it.

I have had to grind down the thickness of the brake pedal to enable the kickstart to clear it when kicking it over

'God knows

Who knows.

Perhaps your right; I've assembled the bike from parts.... only rode it 'round the back lanes near where I live , though it does seem to steer/ride ok. I was informed from Redrose Bikes that there are two different sizes to the kickstart shaft; just thought someone could clarify.

Cheers

It fowls the brake lever 'cos it fowls it.I have had to grind down the thickness of the brake pedal to enable the kickstart to clear it when kicking it over

'God knows

I have 2 kids and the missus if i want patronising, good luck with it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Cynic has spat the Dummy,

Any way , the twinshock[125] has a short kicker , does the MX not have the longer kicker ,??? But you say 116mm" :unsure: Thats less than 5inch, No way ,,,