Ypvs350 forks

ziggy1993
This post is 5055 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've recently started work on my 45000 mile 350ypvs, I'd like to use it as it is for the odd run out now and again. I'm after a bit of advice regarding the suspension.I have fitted a fazer rear shock to improve the rear suspension and would lke to improve the damping on the front as it's like a pogo even with fresh 15w oil. Is there a mod that can be done to improve the damping without spending too much money or fitting a different front end?.

cheers ziggy

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've recently started work on my 45000 mile 350ypvs, I'd like to use it as it is for the odd run out now and again. I'm after a bit of advice regarding the suspension.I have fitted a fazer rear shock to improve the rear suspension and would lke to improve the damping on the front as it's like a pogo even with fresh 15w oil. Is there a mod that can be done to improve the damping without spending too much money or fitting a different front end?.

cheers ziggy

You could try going a little higher with the oil weight, possibly some progressive springs but you are going to have a hard time making the bike behave with a modern shock and stone age ( compared to the fazer) forks, they will always be lacking.

Why not see if you can track down the fazer front end, with a little luck complete from a brakers you could get one for maybe 150 all in. Or TZR250 stuff that may be a better match to the weight/performance of the bike.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online