DT 125/175 Electrical Problems

JacobHendry
This post is 4752 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thanks guys, I do have the correct wiring diagram, got it from yourself OG, it's the round swing arm I've got. I'm just trying to make these 2 separate earth circuits link together as they should be, and so looking at the diagram it appears that the battery negative goes to the regulator and from there plugs into the loom. At the moment I have 2 black wires emerging from the rear end of the loom, 1 to the battery and the other to the regulator, but the 1 to the battery has another 3 wires spliced into it, going to the oil level plug, tail light plug and the CDI but connects to nothing else. The black from the regulator goes back through the loom, connects to the Coil and then connects to all the other earth plugs in the headlamp end of the loom. My idea was to run another wire from the regulator to the battery negative which then links the 2 circuits, or should I bother?

My other problem in the loom is that I have 2 Blue/Red wires running through which then splice into 1 ending in a plug which then goes to the tail light plug. I'm going to check that as that's maybe where I'm losing the 0.8 Volts.

Paul

As far as I can remember the battery neg does not go directly to the regulator, there is a double bullet plug and socket between. The battery uses one connector and the regulator uses the other, they sit around the rear brake switch area.

The reg has a small fly lead with a ring terminal one end and a plug at the other end,

There is a definite grounding point under one of the ignition coil mounts.