Drag-beast

christofeser
This post is 5068 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just thought I'd put up some pics of my latest mods :)

IMG_3305.jpg

IMG_3303.jpg

IMG_3306.jpg

Basically a few things, but mainly wrapped exhausts (due to severely dented downpipes happening at crash), as well as new bars + grips.

:)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Dont be crashing any more then,,,,:D

Bike looks good ! B)

It's up for sale, someone's PXing it for a Virago at quite a nice price. (He's already got a new bike, the Drag is for his missus)

The upgrades are merely things I found in my mate's dads garage!!!!!! (apart from the grips, which I had anyway :) )

I'm not sure I will ever love the Virago as much as the draggy, but we'll see :)

x

looks good chris, with all the extras on, it will fly at £1500!! thats if you sell it B)

and please tell me ur not gonna PX it for a virago 125!

No mate 535 dummy. Doing my test next week.

Immaculate condition 535 though.

I do, however, have a problem with her. The throttle cables are too long for the shortened bars, and, unfortunately, this has caused too much tension in the throttle cables meaning it does not spring close.

"CRUISE CONTROL" - I hear you shout. Yet it's getting quite annoying. Any suggestions?

Chris

that dont sound right....do u mean the bars are higher therefore are pulling the throttle cable slightly open? if your right and im wrong then id check the cables are oiled m8 cause tension from slack cables just dont make sense to me. make sure there free and are not wrapped round the yoke or frame.

oh just thought do you have to push the throttle closed for the revvs to go down?

mine did something similar turned out to be the black tensioner on the top of the cable was a Little tight (if my memory serves me right)

Your last diagnosis is correct. I have to force it shut.

The mechanic said that, pretty much, there were too many bends in the throttle causing too much tension and too much friction and too much shit meaning the spring on the carb is no able to pull it back easy enough. I'll play with it tomorrey.

EDIT:

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=QUtuKpBchU0C&pg=PA234&lpg=PA234&dq=handlebars+too+short+throttle&source=bl&ots=U-vQ-VOEdr&sig=QpnMj0WpG7pK4IRE_y_KZNOuqRo&hl=en&ei=gtneTL_XJIPJhAfroYzJDQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=8&ved=0CE0Q6AEwBw#v=onepage&q=handlebars%20too%20short%20throttle&f=false

Scroll down to where it talks about mounting lower bars.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online