Virago 535 loses power

mightytim
This post is 5065 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My Virago 535 now struggles to go above 55mph recently - although there is still at least a third of the throttle left going to full throttle makes no difference - if anything the motor feels flat on full throttle and winding it back it seems more responsive. Can anyone help re what causing this please?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

My Virago 535 now struggles to go above 55mph recently - although there is still at least a third of the throttle left going to full throttle makes no difference - if anything the motor feels flat on full throttle and winding it back it seems more responsive. Can anyone help re what causing this please?

one of my bike was the same , totally flat if you snapped back on the throttle ,then picked up if you let the throttle off turned out it was a bend needle and the emulsion tubes were blocked in the carbs ,

does it rev cleanly from tickover or slightly faulter? im 99% sure it will be the carbs

cheers

Al

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online