fazer 1000

ashbar
This post is 4940 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi everyone im new to the site and a owner of a fazer fzs 600.

anyway im after some advice im looking to upgrade to the fzs 1000and curious if anyone can give me some advice on how expensive the 1000 is to look after.my little fazer i own now is so easy to service and look after and wandaring if can keep the 1000 the same way or does it need serious money thrown at it on services all the time?

if anyone can give me some advice that would be great

• 3 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

now mate , am new on ere to , i ave the fz1-n on a08 reg ad it since may it only ad 3500miles on it wen i got it . it was given a service from the bike shop b4 i picked it up so its nt yet needed a service so couldnt really say bought the price of one yet but as far as runnings costs they re agud buy , they can drink the petrol if yr blastin every where but if taking it steady ave ad 150mile to tank but that was aone off comin bak from nw200 as i was still rough haha !! sorry cant answer more questions 4ya !!

hi everyone im new to the site and a owner of a fazer fzs 600.

anyway im after some advice im looking to upgrade to the fzs 1000and curious if anyone can give me some advice on how expensive the 1000 is to look after.my little fazer i own now is so easy to service and look after and wandaring if can keep the 1000 the same way or does it need serious money thrown at it on services all the time?

if anyone can give me some advice that would be great

• 4 weeks later...

now mate , am new on ere to , i ave the fz1-n on a08 reg ad it since may it only ad 3500miles on it wen i got it . it was given a service from the bike shop b4 i picked it up so its nt yet needed a service so couldnt really say bought the price of one yet but as far as runnings costs they re agud buy , they can drink the petrol if yr blastin every where but if taking it steady ave ad 150mile to tank but that was aone off comin bak from nw200 as i was still rough haha !! sorry cant answer more questions 4ya !!

Go for it - My wife rides a Fazer 1000 (she'd had it since 2003). It uses a set of tyres every 7k miles (Pilot Road's), gets around 200 - 210 miles per tank of fuel, has cheap services (valves don't need adjusting very often), is easy on chains and has been utterly reliable in 7 years - still on the original battery (always on an optimiser when not in use), never used any oil in between changes (I change the oil about every 2.5k miles). On top of that it's really comfortable and Liz loves the power - sher's toured Europe on it loads of times, sometimes with one of the kids on board and she's even had it round the Nurburgring - so have I, but it decked out a bit in places where my Aprilia RSV doesn't - and didn't in places where my FJ does. For real sporty riding I'd suggest changing the rear shock - Hagon do a quality, uprated, adjustable and rebuildable one for under £300

The only niggle has been the EXUP valve which sticks occasionally - slight problem for me because Liz wanted the full fairing lowers and they're a fiddle to take on and off - but apart from the lowers, it's an easy and pretty quick job - you can see them on the pic below.

ix4a4l.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online