1998 YP 250 Majesty

puddsy
This post is 5063 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Good evening to you all,

I have just joined the club to hopefully gain some much needed knowledge about my YP 250 Majesty, the bike is a 1998 and up till last week was a sound bike, and wrapped around

Last Friday on my way home from London my drive belt snapped and disintigrated, it took all the fins off the front pulley, I have replaced the belt but now the bike struggles to pull away, it seems like the bike is in top gear rather than the lower gearing, I know that there are no gears so to speak but that is the way it seems,

Does anyone have any ideas as to what it could be, the bike was running spot on before the belt snapped, Help Please!

Cheers Puddsy

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Good evening to you all,

I have just joined the club to hopefully gain some much needed knowledge about my YP 250 Majesty, the bike is a 1998 and up till last week was a sound bike, and wrapped around

Last Friday on my way home from London my drive belt snapped and disintigrated, it took all the fins off the front pulley, I have replaced the belt but now the bike struggles to pull away, it seems like the bike is in top gear rather than the lower gearing, I know that there are no gears so to speak but that is the way it seems,

Does anyone have any ideas as to what it could be, the bike was running spot on before the belt snapped, Help Please!

Cheers Puddsy

Would it not need the Fins on the front pully so that it catches the belt fully giving it torque to pull off from standstill !

Would it not need the Fins on the front pully so that it catches the belt fully giving it torque to pull off from standstill !

Hi there 2 Wheels, thanks for the post, the fins are on the outside of the front pulley so I am not sure that they have any bearing on the problem, I will however investigate that further now you have raised it,

Cheers Puddsy

Hi there 2 Wheels, thanks for the post, the fins are on the outside of the front pulley so I am not sure that they have any bearing on the problem, I will however investigate that further now you have raised it,

Cheers Puddsy

I dont know your bike but,,,,,

How does the front pully grab the belt ? is it one of them V pullys that tightens in as throttle is applied ? or is that set-up on the back.

I dont know your bike but,,,,,

How does the front pully grab the belt ? is it one of them V pullys that tightens in as throttle is applied ? or is that set-up on the back.

Hi 2 Wheels,

The pulley with the fins is the front drive one, the adjstable wheel is the one at the back as you pointed out, I am just totally confused with it at the moment, cheers again mate Puddsy

Hi 2 Wheels,

The pulley with the fins is the front drive one, the adjstable wheel is the one at the back as you pointed out, I am just totally confused with it at the moment, cheers again mate Puddsy

From my understanding the front pully should constantly grab the belt and as you go faster the back pully will adjust to give you more speed. So, Were them fins grabbing the belt ?

Have ya got any pictures for us !

Could it be that you have just put the belt on and tightened it up a bit without mabey re-setting the back pully to its more open position. (ie. first gear)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online