hello everyone

jimbyatt
This post is 4956 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone. I just joined today. I' Jim, did my cbt a week or 2 ago and bought '10 ybr125 as a runaround/commuter, got it because they've a reputation as pretty reliable and user friendly and i hopefully won't be able to get into to much trouble on it whilst i get used to 2 wheels and an engine. I hope to do my proper test in the next year or so and maybe get an older bike as well as a project and to use on sunny days once i've been riding a couple years(maybe a little 2 stroke i think). I'm not entirely up to speed with using forums but thought i'd say hey and introduce myself, i've already found some usefull advice on here and my only contribution back at the minute can be to sprinkle chilli powder around your ground anchor to avoid unwanted cat mess on your lock(and gloves, backwheel, numberplates.....) on a dark morning.I Mainly joined because although i fix the car and push bikes i've never had a motorbike before and know that one day i'll find myself stuck on the simplest thing and hopefully even able to help someone with something i've encountered. Just hoping now that I'll get to ride in the dry soon, 120 miles into my new bike and i've done maybe 15 miles in the dry, been persuaded to buy waterproof everything and pretty much lost the feeling in my toes.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome to the 'ward' Jimbo, very impressive first post might I add, great bunch on this here forum m8-some of the comments you will have to take with a pinch of tablets, having said that, I forgot what I was talking about,,,,, :huh:

oh yeah,, Welcome to the 'ward' Jimbo, very impressive first post might I add, great bunch on this here forum m8-some of the comments you will have to take with a pinch of tablets, having said that, I forgot what I was talking about :blink:

nice wee bike the YBR, have you ordered your club patch ?

Jim :)

Failte Jim bob, to the YOC. B)

Tis a grand ward ta be on !!!

I'll order a patch, thanks for the welcome. just wanted to be curteous rather than pitch in with 'hello, my clutch exploded today how can I fix it for 50p?', i'm not always on the computer but will be on when i can and keep abreast of happenings. Planning a few death metal patches for my bag as well as the yoc one. Obviously having only ridden 2 bikes, a horrendous chinese thing i did my cbt on and my ybr I can't speak with huge experience but so far it seems really good, front light isn't too great but it's ok and running in at 5000 revs makes national speed limit roads pretty scary but i've spent years as keen all weather cyclist and so i'm used to being a victim. The dry 15 miles I had on sunday I got home with the biggest grin I've had since hitting 55mph downhill near matlock on my racing bike.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online