Yamaha Dragstar xvs 650 speedo cable

traxden
This post is 4976 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello everyone

I'm new to this forum and this is my first post

I have seen that people they are really nice and also responses are nice and clear

Now about myself

After passing my test I Bought a Yamaha dragstar 650 as this is what I like from beggining of my biking

It's a really nice bike and I'm verry happy with it

I have knowledge about mechanic and elecric problems but now I'm stuck and I really need some help

As i started to customise my bike I bought a 5" fork extension kit

After fitting it I have realised that the speedo cable is not long enough and also the brake hose is short too

I found a longer brake hose but I cannot find anywere a extended speedo cable

I was thinking that another yamahas they have speedo cables and maybe one of them it fits to draggies and is longer but there is nothing what i've found. I would like if it's chromed too but nothing on internet

Manny thanks Alex

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hello and welcome to the forum!

i cant comment on your problem sorry (iv only worked on baby drags) but im sure someone will be able to help :D

one thing i could suggest is, you could take the speedo cable to some breakers and see if they have one thats longer and will fit (iv got a bandit 600 cable on my sachs roadster)

and here is a link to some nice braided hose you could put over the top of the cable :D

My link

How long does it have to be?

If you need one, say, 26", try Googling for that.

I expect most speedo cables have the same fitments, but check those too just to be safe.

Additionally, I bought an aftermarket cable to replace my original one. The new one was a couple of inches slightly longer and all they needed to know was the length of the original. I actually had a choice of different ones.

So try that - Check into your local parts shop and ask what cables they have in at least X length.

How long does it have to be?

If you need one, say, 26", try Googling for that.

I expect most speedo cables have the same fitments, but check those too just to be safe.

Additionally, I bought an aftermarket cable to replace my original one. The new one was a couple of inches slightly longer and all they needed to know was the length of the original. I actually had a choice of different ones.

So try that - Check into your local parts shop and ask what cables they have in at least X length.

Hi

thanks for your quick reply

Anyway I've found some 200mm speedo cable extensions and ordered a longer braided stainless steel brake hose from HEL

I was thinking that it could be helpfull to say that Mr Kevin from (Bitzforbikes) It's a really helpful person and he will sort out your problems without hesitation as how he did to me just now.

Kind regards Alex

• 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online