xs250 wont start

Dazxs250
This post is 4990 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi guys.

im a noobie here so dont know if this is the right place to post :(

my xs250 1981 wont start just backfires now and then, just replaced the points and right side coil, all wires been cheaked new plugs and leads and had a mobile mechanic here this morning he set the points and timed it but nothing happens. plugs spark ok and points spark a tad weak any help would be great.

thanks Daz.

• 2 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I would definitely check the carb settings but if the bike only backfires when you kickstart it then it sounds like your ignition timing is too retarded(late in the piston rotation).

hi guys.

im a noobie here so dont know if this is the right place to post :(

my xs250 1981 wont start just backfires now and then, just replaced the points and right side coil, all wires been cheaked new plugs and leads and had a mobile mechanic here this morning he set the points and timed it but nothing happens. plugs spark ok and points spark a tad weak any help would be great.

thanks Daz.

points are not supposed to spark, condensor knackered!

before you ask us to help, it would be nice to introduce yourself in the noob section. your lucky i'm in a good mood or you will get the selleckwaterfallsandwich treatment!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online