New Tiger !

2 Wheels
This post is 5058 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

The new Triumph tiger 800 is coming to a bike shop within the month over here.

It is said that it will cost €9500 but that is only an estimate.

Looks like a nice bike ! ! !

2011-triumph-tiger-800-studio-10.jpg

2011-triumph-tiger-800-studio-11.jpg

2011-triumph-tiger-800-studio-9.jpg

2011-triumph-tiger-800-studio-12.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Wow thats a big cosmetic change there Sir Pat, they seem to be moving this toward the BMW GS but without the stupid squint eye thing going on at the front, oi loikes that sir B)

last years skin

http://images.bikes.portfolio-europe.net/BikeImage.aspx?PICID=16276156&SP_ID=2067796&imagebranding=true&width=300&height=200

yes pat it looks ok but like most triumphs unless you do your own services its bloody dear. :o

thought i would treat myself to a 12000 ml service on my tt600 but have changed my mind after getting a quote from triumph of £560 plus extra for valve clearances looks like its back to home servicing :lol:

Aye, its a big change from the look they gave us last year, it nearly looks like a beemer, but oi loikes it to Jammer.

Its a bit on the pricey side though me thinks.

OT,,,,£560 for a service, thats gota be a mistake, surely. I think GAS-Up said something about servicing aswell.....no wonder you will be home servicing.

In general it looks good so i might try ta get a test ride :)

£560 i thought no it cant be so i checked out a few sites on google and the amount of people who said the same confirmed it, a 12k service on triumphs is a second mortgage one guy from edinburgh said. :D

just read last weeks MCN it gave a good write up on the tiger. at least triumph dealers have no problem with test drives on the tiger unlike yamaha and the tenere

I think the 'thing' with Triumph is its kind of 'elitist'-its a nostalgic badge much like Norton, high purchase price, high service costs, service re-boot (gas-up), etc etc

it is a stunning looking bike butt its a victim of volume sales figures, its interesting to note that these tigers hold a bloody good re-sale value-have a look on fleabay, also note the distinct lack of parts available, its a big cost bike, however I'm sure there are lots of 'back-street mechs' like Oldtimer with all the hints, help and tips you would need to keep one of these on the road for a good few seasons B)

the older 955 models came with full bespoke luggage too !

I realy hope that Triumph have made this bike a 'road-side' servicable machine, not the usual take it to a dealer to plug in the 'puter thing. The local Triumpg dealer to me is crap, utter crap, but I like the look of the 800, and the XC looks like a capable tourer, and I'd probably take a look if I could get it serviced elsware...

Just to put a few things to bed.

This bike is never going to be a all-road adventure bike they claim it to be, first the weight, Erk! Then look at the rear tyre, it's a 150 profile....... TCK's cost an arm and a leg at this size (think BMW)and are too wide for any dirt, and it looks like they have tubless rims (can't be sure on this)

The exhaust runs under the bike, and it's a heavy bike so the firs decent grounding is going to leave your pipes squashed.

It's a triple, so the power is delivered in a more constant stream, not realy much use if you are stuck in sand (most adventure bikes, if they ever get dirty, seam to end up in Morocco). You need the high torque 1in2 pulse of a single. They have made it a long stroke motor though, so it looks like they are having a bash at the off-road stuff.

Not enough ground clearence.

Rubber footpegs....

That said, it's a fine looking bike as long as you don't squint, when it looks like the love child of a Multistrada and a GS (choose one, any one!). I think the bike will sell, and I think there will be a migration of riders sick of the BMW prices. They have aimed this at the mass market, those that like the look, feel and ride of an adventure bike but can't get past the "I need to be able to do 80 on the motorway" mentality. Someone will post a YouTube vid up at some point showing how these bikes can ride anything, and in the hands of a great rider - yes they will, but Mr Average will never manage it.

But for me ??? (apart from the crap dealer) well, maybe as a two up tourer.

I realy hope that Triumph have made this bike a 'road-side' servicable machine, not the usual take it to a dealer to plug in the 'puter thing.

But for me ??? (apart from the crap dealer)

sadly gas like the rest of triumphs bike range it will be fitted with a CEM so the mechanic can add any updates,re program, add any new tunes and accsess DTCs, whilst in theory is a brilliant idea,there are just two things i have problems with the first 95percent of the service any competent person can do, you can even buy the tool to do your shims of e bay so why is the service so expensive?

the other problem i have is once the problem has been identified getting the part or parts is a nightmare,every thing i have needed is out of stock on back order or some excuse,unlike you gas my triumph dealer is great but his hands are tied with the parts problems,courtesy bike no problem but i want to ride my bike not theres,i have had one part on order since early august and no sign of getting it before xmas well not this one. :lol:

there is some light at the end of the tunnel though for my bike you can now buy the program for your lap top comes with leads to connect to your bike enabling you to do everything the mechanic can do if you understand it,but not much good when you breakdown at the side of the road.

nostalgia has a lot to answer for, what was i thinking buying a triumph 31 mpg the best i have had and thats riding it like a nun,thank god i still have my FZ 48mpg after all the speed limit is 70 B)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online