wire

Paulwhite
This post is 4990 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

just need some idea what wire to use to re make the loom for the xvs 125 bobber, could anyone give me a clue? i know its got to handle 12v but other than that im lost lol.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

from a quick Google - I know nowt

Most motorcycle wiring is with 16 gauge wire, which will carry 15 amps of current pretty much anywhere on a motorcycle. 14 gauge wire, which is slightly bigger and might be used to carry juice to your headlights or from the battery to your fuse panel. The bigger the wire, the more of your little electrons it can carry without heating up and causing energy to get used to heat up your wire rather than to operate your gizmo. But most of the time, 14 gauge on a motorcycle is a waste.

nice one just what i was lookin for ! :D

We use 1mm2 (which carries 11 amps in standard or 16 amp in 'thin wall) for 99% of all our wiring. I can put togther a selection of lengths of coloured wire if you need.

There are much simplified wiring diagrams to down load and other technical help available - here - www.rexs-speedshop.com

You can e-mail them if you have questions -you'll need to provide the orginal wiring diagram if you want tech help.

We use 1mm2 (which carries 11 amps in standard or 16 amp in 'thin wall) for 99% of all our wiring. I can put togther a selection of lengths of coloured wire if you need.

There are much simplified wiring diagrams to down load and other technical help available - here - www.rexs-speedshop.com

You can e-mail them if you have questions -you'll need to provide the orginal wiring diagram if you want tech help.

nice one m8 im defiantly going to need some soon so if you could then id be grateful :)

iv just got to sort out the new diagram to figure out what exactly im going to need with regards to length and colours but was looking at getting a couple of meters of about 8 different colours. im thinking of runing 2 looms one for engine and one for lights, and using the cbr 125 loom diagram as a guide.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online