Power Valve Help!!!

Connor dt
This post is 4874 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello again :)

I have a 2001 dt125r and was wondering if you can upgrade the power valve? or tune it?

i know on older models you could keep it open for more rev.. but on the newer models the valve is electric so is there any way of gettin it to stay open?

Thanks everyoneeeee :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Position the PV so its fully open and unplug the pv servo from the wiring loom.

How do you position it because when i try to pull it over the hole when i put the key in it just moves back?

Thanks for the help :)

How do you position it because when i try to pull it  over the hole when i put the key in it just moves back?

Thanks for the help :)

If you have disconnected the PV from the wiring loom it wont move when you put the key in as there will be no electric going to the servo to power it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have jamed open my power valve and i have to hit a bout 8,000rpm to hit the power band and when i change gear the bike will not pick up and takes about 15-20 seaconds to hit 2 gear power band. any one got any ansers please

I have jamed open my power valve and i have to hit a bout 8,000rpm to hit the power band and when i change gear the bike will not pick up and takes about 15-20 seaconds to hit 2 gear power band. any one got any ansers please

Thats right so you have to thrash it everywhere you go and shorten the bikes life...have fun :D

Either that or put it back as it should be

• 2 weeks later...

Surely with it pegged open you are only getting the same power as when the pv operates normally and you thrash it ? except you have the disadvantage of no power low down before you hit the power band, I cannot see how this makes the bike faster - or am I missing something ?

Bob

Surely with it pegged open you are only getting the same power  as when the pv operates  normally and you thrash it ?  except you have the disadvantage of no power low down before you hit the power band, I cannot see how this makes the bike faster - or am I missing something ?

Bob

IMO Its more a case of the PV being pinned makes you ride faster just to keep a flow going. 

I think there is a slight improvement in top end and power, but its very negligible. Possibly caused by the PV not hitting the flush open position as well when the servo is working as it does when pinned open, plus carbon and debris may hinder/slow the movement, timing of open etc..

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online