latest xvs 125 bobber update

Paulwhite
This post is 4952 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

just the latest update on the project nothing is on properly just wanted to see what it would look like :D

not too sure on the drag bars at the mo, might need to get some handlebar risers :blink: or make some. but im loving the look of the exhaust, highly unusual to see on this stile of bike but it gives it some presence.

P311010_1105.jpg

P311010_1105_01.jpg

P311010_1106.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i think risers would be better on that and maybe try and bring the exhaust in closer to the bike. looking great though paul. :)

Looking nice paul.

Suggestion, if I may, is that the silver mirrors clash too much with the black handlebars??? If ya like it then thats cool...

Also, do ya have two speedos???

Chris

yeah i know what u mean with the exhaust its been a pain in the neck trying to fit it but it will be closer to the rear fender when its done :D and chris the one on top is a rev counter (comes in handy!) and defiantly a mod i would recommend! as to the handlebars they need to come up but im not sure if normal bar risers would fit (il have to take some measurements) but i am thinking of making some custom ones with a bracket to fit the rev counter. as to the chrome id rather have no chrome on it at all but sadly i cant do that without it looking a little tacky so im only having certain chrome parts just to set the bike off :D but yeah im just waiting for the engine mounts to be made (i know a bloke :D ) then i can secure the engine properly and start getting it finished.

Looking great paul...can any xv125 have a rev counter? U sure need to get the silencer closer...plus I think, bike wiill look great with two silencers rather than one...I like what you've used as the main stand.. :rolleyes:

Ahhhhh now I see :)

well, Kelum, I suspect the rev counter is off the cbr 125 am I right paul?

Also, it may be tricky balancing it if you have two exhausts coming out of one cylinder???

Chris

I've gotta say it, that can looks crap :D , why not have the pipe parallel to the road

like this

AlleyCatRide059.jpg

right...... :blink:

the rev counter is an electric one off e-bay it cost £60 and came with instructions :D

and can be fitted to ANY bike :)

it would look good with 2 exhaust exits but its a bit of overkill on a 125 plus it would cost a fortune to get one made. :(

its the original wheel and just a normal size tire, think its because the rear fender is smaller it makes the tire look fatter :D and that fender on there is just a mock up (its too thick and lumpy but you cant really tell on the picture)

and i can see what your sayin with the exhaust lol it would look out of place compared to other bikes of similar stile, but its way too much hassle to straighten out the exhaust (id have to cut a supporting bit of the frame) but saying that i could just take the can off :D

il have to post a pic with the can off. its definitely different but isnt different good? B)

plus im considering selling it as a learner legal custom 125 and to a 17 year old a massive end can is a good thing lol

that fender on there is just a mock up its too thick and lumpy

I'm glad you said that, i thaught my eyes were deceiving me lol :blink:

yeah im defo not using it lol its a 1st attempt and i only keep it as a reminder of how not to do it! :D

the rev counter bolts to something ( im making a bracket for mine ) then there are 4 Wier's red connects to the on switch (key), yellow to the lights positive, black to the ground, then green to the negative on the coil, all the electrics are in the headlamp so its easy to connect up :D

it works by using the electrical signal or "pulse" from the coil/sparkplug

then converts the pulse into an analogue movement (rpm) :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online