ignition faults

hezzy67
This post is 5076 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Help needed my fzr600 is acting up will not fire on 1&4 changed the plugs,coils,caps still the same any ideas?

Hezzy

Have you fuel getting through , if you pull the plugs and ground them do they spark? are they wet ?, could be compression , could be ECU , if you have a multi meter , work backwards from leads until you find power, it could be earthing out somewhere

have you had the bike long, has it just started do it ,

really need some more info

great bike the FZRs got a 89-90 3he , what you got

th_01052010006.jpg

Hezzy

Have you fuel getting through , if you pull the plugs and ground them do they spark? are they wet ?, could be compression , could be ECU , if you have a multi meter , work backwards from leads until you find power, it could be earthing out somewhere

have you had the bike long, has it just started do it ,

really need some more info

great bike the FZRs got a 89-90 3he , what you got

th_01052010006.jpg

FZR AL

Fuel is geting into the pots went as far as changing the carbs fuel lines and filter.Plugs spark when grounded changed the cr9e standard plugs for iridium ones.Compression seems ok engine had a full strip down and rebuild with new gaskets last year only managed a few hundred miles since through work.ECU was changed for a spare,Had the bike for 3 years now bought as a project was in a right mess when I got it half finshed body work,engine in bits,looked like it had minor crash damage on the plus side got loads of spares with it

Bike is early 89-90 3he

so you say it sparks 1 & 4 with plugs grounded.

I think sparking when under compression is more difficult so to test this can you put a strobe lamp or a spark tester in line on 1 & 4

How about a possible pick up coil problem...got a spare?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online