Yamaha 250 US Custom

Greenrichard
This post is 4976 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I have a question regarding the 250 US Custom. How do I check the oil level? I know where the filler cap is but I have no idea how to check the oil. I also have no idea how much oil it should have. If I had an instruction book that would be a start! As my name suggests I am a bit green when it comes to bikes and would appreciate any help or advice that I could get on this bike

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

A Yamaha 250 what?

Might help if we knew which model ;)

Somewhere on teh engine casing there should be a sight glass. Small, round thing, possibly with Min and Max level markings.

Clean it with a cloth, get the bike upright and you should see the oil level therein.

I have no documentation with the bike it just has US Custom on the side, however I do have chassis numbers and engine numbers. I have never owned a bike before so I am not sure what to look at to get the model number. The advise was good though I managed to find the glass cover and check the oil. It was obscured by the pedal rest! Many thanks

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online