YBR 125 Bulbs

Spender
This post is 4995 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All

There have been a few posts on here about YBR Headlight bulbs and after finally deciphering my Haynes manual, I appear to have no dipped beam, therefore am riding on the Sidelight (ie not really using any light to speak of) and its scary. After some initial testing, I can confirm both filaments on the main bulb light up when I press the High beam button - I can confirm this because when I close my eyes I can clearly make out the double filaments burned onto my retinas!!!

SO.... both filaments on the bulb work, but the dipped beam does not. Do I need a new bulb or some complicated wiring task that I am not really technical enough to cope with do yo uthink?

Also, the instrument light behind the Rev counter has blown, and from what I can tell I need a 12V/1.7W replacement, but despite LOTS of searching on tinternet, I cant find a supplier for those. Has anyone changed one (I know how to do it in theory) and can you tell me where to get the bulb for that.

Thanks in anticipation

Spender

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi All

There have been a few posts on here about YBR Headlight bulbs and after finally deciphering my Haynes manual, I appear to have no dipped beam, therefore am riding on the Sidelight (ie not really using any light to speak of) and its scary. After some initial testing, I can confirm both filaments on the main bulb light up when I press the High beam button - I can confirm this because when I close my eyes I can clearly make out the double filaments burned onto my retinas!!!

SO.... both filaments on the bulb work, but the dipped beam does not. Do I need a new bulb or some complicated wiring task that I am not really technical enough to cope with do yo uthink?

Also, the instrument light behind the Rev counter has blown, and from what I can tell I need a 12V/1.7W replacement, but despite LOTS of searching on tinternet, I cant find a supplier for those. Has anyone changed one (I know how to do it in theory) and can you tell me where to get the bulb for that.

Thanks in anticipation

Spender

Chief,

I'll lay odds on that its your bulb; the two filaments that light up on high beam are supposed to do so.

You'll get a rev counter bulb at a yam main dealers.

Cheers

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online