My XV 125 issues with photos!

Kelum
This post is 4958 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

01. My bike's label on the frame says it's XV 125S...But the XV 125S shown in xv 125s manual is a different one...my bike's year of manufacture is 2004. Mine has the look of a XV 125...is this possible guys..please refer following images..

p2510101419.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

p2510101420.jpg

02. This little leaver at the left fake air filter is unknown..it has some throttle like sign on it, but doesnt mention its choke or anything..a cable runs from it towards carburetor..

p25101014211.jpg

can someone tell me the what the function of it?

03. I noticed today that the left Air filter is fake..it is just a hollow duplicate of the actual right one whose manifold runs to the engine through bike's frame..is this the case with all viragos..? I dont see anything inside left air filter..think it's been added for aesthetic/personality purposes of the bike..am I right?

I have few more things to ask on the queue..please help guys..

Kelum :unsure:B)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Can I contact Yamaha Company for things I need to know? Do they offer help in English? :unsure:

01. My bike's label on the frame says it's XV 125S...But the XV 125S shown in xv 125s manual is a different one...my bike's year of manufacture is 2004. Mine has the look of a XV 125...is this possible guys..please refer following images..

p2510101419.jpg

p2510101420.jpg

02. This little leaver at the left fake air filter is unknown..it has some throttle like sign on it, but doesnt mention its choke or anything..a cable runs from it towards carburetor..

p25101014211.jpg

can someone tell me the what the function of it?

03. I noticed today that the left Air filter is fake..it is just a hollow duplicate of the actual right one whose manifold runs to the engine through bike's frame..is this the case with all viragos..? I dont see anything inside left air filter..think it's been added for aesthetic/personality purposes of the bike..am I right?

I have few more things to ask on the queue..please help guys..

Kelum :unsure:B)

Yep, definitely an XV 125 Virago. Now sit down for a minute, as I tell you that I think your bike was made in August 1996, the give away is the label on the frame which I am assuming is the date of manfacture, so not a made in 2004 bike, and probably not Chinese either. As for the little lever, if it is connected to the carb and the bike runs now, then leave it alone. The choke control lever is mounted on the left hand side handlebar grip, not sure what your little lever does but if it aint broke, dont fix it. Have a look at the links posted yesterday and familiarise yourself with the controls.

Yep, definitely an XV 125 Virago. Now sit down for a minute, as I tell you that I think your bike was made in August 1996, the give away is the label on the frame which I am assuming is the date of manfacture, so not a made in 2004 bike, and probably not Chinese either. As for the little lever, if it is connected to the carb and the bike runs now, then leave it alone. The choke control lever is mounted on the left hand side handlebar grip, not sure what your little lever does but if it aint broke, dont fix it. Have a look at the links posted yesterday and familiarise yourself with the controls.

Yeah been reading stuff you gave me...thanks for all those but I couldnt find certain controls I find on my bike..

First owner of the bike has fooled government regulations? Registered papers of the bike say the YOM as 2004...and that label says the bike model is XV 125S...please see XV 125S which is not clear due to my bloody phone's poor camera..mentioned right under Yamaha Motor corp..

Yeah I wouldnt touch the teeny weeny lever...but what he hell is it? :o

I hope these codes reveal the YOM and stuff..can someone idntify?

Chassis no : 4RF-075925

Engine number : 4RF-075880

Country of manufacture : Japan

Status at Registration : reconditioned

Make : Yamaha

Stickers mentioning that the bike conforms US exhaust regulations...

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

could be that the bike is an 1996 originally but has been re-conditioned and re-registered in 2004 therefore its an 04 plate?

if you havent got any problems with getting it on the road then dont worry about it :D

The year of manufacture dosnt have to tie up with year of registration ie my xvs400 as a 'grey' import was made in 1996 but only registered in this country in 2000, It's the date of registration in this country that your license shows not the date made.

The year of manufacture dosnt have to tie up with year of registration ie my xvs400 as a 'grey' import was made in 1996 but only registered in this country in 2000, It's the date of registration in this country that your license shows not the date made.

:o

Ok... :( thank you friend!

could be that the bike is an 1996 originally but has been re-conditioned and re-registered in 2004 therefore its an 04 plate?

if you havent got any problems with getting it on the road then dont worry about it :D

:o ya but....... :blink:

I WANNA CRY... :( but bike is doing fine...

Today I noticed some slippery vibration like tyre abrades on the frame so that vibration coming through whole structure and felt on handles..this was prominent when I was on low gears...but tyres do not abrade anywhere..wheels are not shaking..means bearings are ok,, but I must remove the sprocket cover and check...

Is it possible for such a vibration to originate inside engine...like some wheel is worn out and its slanting revolution causes such a rumble?

When I ride at 5 even I feel like some chain making hissing noise..like it's got some huge slack...

Am afraid of repairs as parts cannot be found in my town..mine is the only virago in the town..but there are some in the coastal areas..

In that case are there reliable friends who could courier me parts once I transfer money from here...I believe parts are very common in UK and US stores..

:unsure:

I'd be glad to help to help ya get parts mate...

Just ask. I'm sure lots of people would help.

Chris

Hi Chris..its very kind of you...I guess I should start saving bucks for a rainy day..I would save a part of my earnings for my love - Virago XV 125... B)

That way I will be able to face any situation...

Please be around ok, dont disappear... :D:P

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online