XV 125 Engine issue...I think it's clutch???

Kelum
This post is 4973 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello people...

Been several days now...mostly when I ride at 5th...say my bike speeds at 50kmph...suddenly it slows down just like gas throttle shuts and cuts off fuel flow..it slows a bit and again starts to run normally..this happens few times normally..this happens when I dont shift gears. It happens even in low gears..but doesnt seem to affect much..bike suddenly slows down and in few second it becomes normal..

I wonder if clutch cable is loose or something..May be throttle cable...hope it is not a huge engine issue..can someone help? Can someone guide me on this?

I recently bought this bike so dont know what is going on...dont know what damage is within...but I wanna get all the issues fixed by and by...

Thanks in advance... :( :(

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Check your fuel tap, what's it on? It may be on prime and therefore not enough fuel is getting through to shifting gears?

I find a similar effect when I shift down with LOW petrol, you checked your gas? Sometimes it can just be when I'm running REALLY low buy still got gas left :S. You checked your fuel? :P

It could also be a fuel blockage.

These are just my presumptions and are in no way correct, so please can someone correct me if I'm misinformed?

Chris

Check your fuel tap, what's it on? It may be on prime and therefore not enough fuel is getting through to shifting gears?

I find a similar effect when I shift down with LOW petrol, you checked your gas? Sometimes it can just be when I'm running REALLY low buy still got gas left :S. You checked your fuel? :P

It could also be a fuel blockage.

These are just my presumptions and are in no way correct, so please can someone correct me if I'm misinformed?

Chris

The lever is in ON position and I think its quite ok, I didnt play with it anyway so it's in correct position I guess. Could you explain me what PRI and RES positions are and which is the best position?

Petrol level is ok..there's no pro with it...

I see some CHOKE like thing at the right air filter of the bike, it has this black plastic lever on which some throttle like sign is..a cable runs towards fuel lines from it...is this the CHOKE? I think I accidentally played with it so I have screwed it all up?

Also someone here told me the extra frontward button at the left of the handle is the Flash button..what does it flash? I pressed it while riding but nothing happens..is it for the high beam? how can I get it fixed..?

Thanks chris! B) B)

Right im not sure if it is the choke or not. I'll have a look around, the choke on the dragstar is on the left controls.

As far as that is you'd know if you'd messed with the choke you'd realise it. Not sure if it would cause the problem as described.

It also sometimes happens to me when the bike hasnt warmed up properly yet???

Chris

The lever is in ON position and I think its quite ok, I didnt play with it anyway so it's in correct position I guess. Could you explain me what PRI and RES positions are and which is the best position?

Petrol level is ok..there's no pro with it...

I see some CHOKE like thing at the right air filter of the bike, it has this black plastic lever on which some throttle like sign is..a cable runs towards fuel lines from it...is this the CHOKE? I think I accidentally played with it so I have screwed it all up?

Also someone here told me the extra frontward button at the left of the handle is the Flash button..what does it flash? I pressed it while riding but nothing happens..is it for the high beam? how can I get it fixed..?

Thanks chris! B) B)

Try these links

http://www.thevirago.co.uk/viragoownersmanuals/showownersmanuals.asp

http://www.viragoclub.eu/members/html/nummers_jaar.html

Thers also one availbale at www.yamahapubs.com for the 250 xv, cost you $20 but roughly same bike, sam3 on the viragoowners site

Hi thank you very much for the information..reading all..will post problems once reading done.. :unsure:

just check that the battery cables are on tight and are clean! could be a little water is on there from the reg/rect problem!

just check that the battery cables are on tight and are clean! could be a little water is on there from the reg/rect problem!

Can that cause such a problem??? last time I my rectifier was blown off by water.. :o

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online