RD350LC

Godge
This post is 5081 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi

Im needing some help setting the 2 stroke pump on my RD350LC, Im using a pattern throttle cable which to me seems to short and is causing the pump to exceed the maximum setting at full revs acording to the manual, and therefore even at tickover the pump is sitting nearly where it should be at full throttle.This is causing to much oil in the engine.

I have heard that because i am using a pattern cable the route of the cable or the spring within the pump needs to be altered within the pump housing.

Any help on this matter would be much appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Chief,

I had a similar problem with my dt. Best advice I can give is to bin the pattern cable. The routing will not affect the pump setting; it is the internal length of the pump part of the cable which does this, yours, like mine was, is too short. Bin the fuckka.

Be sure to set the pump minimum stroke length, this is just as important.

Cheers

can't help ye with the pump issue as mine is disconected .

,you can't trust em,pre-mix,thats what i say

.as for the cables:angry: 12mts cable frayed.buy a yamaha one they last longer..

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online