77 XS400 Needle Jet - Where to buy?

jdd5300
This post is 4931 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I am struggling to find new needle jets for my 77 XS400. Yamaha part number 2A2-14941-04-00.

PO really messed them up. I tried Mikesxs thinking that Mikuni parts were interchangeable but they are not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Right now this is the only thing keeping me from rebuilding the carbs.

Jay

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I am struggling to find new needle jets for my 77 XS400. Yamaha part number 2A2-14941-04-00.

PO really messed them up. I tried Mikesxs thinking that Mikuni parts were interchangeable but they are not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Right now this is the only thing keeping me from rebuilding the carbs.

Jay

Try here:

http://www.motorcyclecarbs.com/Mikuni_Needle_Jets_C36.cfm

Thanks guys.

Unfortunately the Keyster kit for the 77 doesn't come with the needle holder. The '78-79 kit does but I don't know what size it is. I will try to call someone to find out.

Motorcyclecarbs.com has a great selection, but not my size.

Any additional suggestions are welcome....thanks.

Thanks guys.

Unfortunately the Keyster kit for the 77 doesn't come with the needle holder. The '78-79 kit does but I don't know what size it is. I will try to call someone to find out.

Motorcyclecarbs.com has a great selection, but not my size.

Any additional suggestions are welcome....thanks.

you could try steve at moto carb, he will try and get you stuff even though its not listed

My link

• 2 weeks later...

For future reference the carb kit for the 78-79 XS400 contains the correct needle jet. The box and most vendors will tell you otherwise, but I received in the mail yesterday and it's a perfect match.

Please visit siriusconinc.com for parts like this. They were very helpful and pleasant to deal with.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online