General Tune-up and service

Zircon
This post is 5083 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Im Jordan , been on here a few months now ! but still fairly new to biking ..... and sad to say it had my fair share of problems !

I've done allot of work myself and after a whole lot of time , money and graft its finally running ( and road legal ) ! However, I think its firing too early , there's a weird noise coming from the engine ( almost like a rattling noise ) this happens stationary and in neutral so im sure its not chain or gear box etc .... also the performance is piss poor ! Its struggles on the slightest of hills ! :(

Iv finally made the decision to give her over to a mechanic to do a service/tune and to try and sort out the "pre-firing". I am new to this !

and after all im only 17 , and have done allot of work myself .... I was quoted £500 by one mechanic ! which I thought was ridiculous !

I was wondering if you guys could help me out and give me an estimate of how much this kinda work would cost .... I know some mechanics take advantage of niavity and will charge more for un-necessary work !

Thanks again guys

Zircon

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hmmm,,? i know a girl called jordan:unsure:anyhow, .thats expensive,,you need to make freinds with someone who knows about bikes,,then ask a favour of him:) ..or those theaving twits will rape you again and again,until you bleed.

same as builders, i used to pay them to do stuff, realised how easy it was and did it myself.

I'd just nip in to a garage and say its just happened "can you have a listen", note what they say and fix it yourself. could be little end gone or something loose. 2 strokes are simple beasts so it not too hard to do.

Hi Jordan and welcome to the 'ward' (dunno if you did an intro before ?)

anyhoo, on your days off have a wander around garage and lock-up sites listening for 'revving noises' or 'swearing' -this should lead to 'an oily jumper guy' :farmerjohn: , make friends by offering to wire brush and autosol his boxes of nuts, bolts and washers, keep this going for a couple of weekends-then tell him your tale of woe :pissed-off:

NEVER offer to take his jumper home for your Mum to wash

HTH

Hi Jordan and welcome to the 'ward' (dunno if you did an intro before ?)

anyhoo, on your days off have a wander around garage and lock-up sites listening for 'revving noises' or 'swearing' -this should lead to 'an oily jumper guy' :farmerjohn: , make friends by offering to wire brush and autosol his boxes of nuts, bolts and washers, keep this going for a couple of weekends-then tell him your tale of woe :pissed-off:

NEVER offer to take his jumper home for your Mum to wash

HTH

Damn I already offered to wash his jumper ! Looks like im stuffed ! :P

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online