XJ6 Diversion. D.B Screen to reduce noise?

Kayley
This post is 5007 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys and girls, I'm new to the forum so........... Hi!! My ride is George, an XJ6-S, I've had him since May, done about 1500 miles and altogether very pleased :rolleyes: My first bike was an ER5 and since having a 'proper' bike I've learnt a lot and am still learning. Anyway enough of the soppy stuff!

At speeds of 60, the noise inside my helmet is so so loud. If I sit up straight my chest takes most of the blast and it really quietens down. Somebody suggested to crouch down more but if I wanted to do that I've had bought a sports bike. I've had a new helmet and it has helped but not much!

I'm 5'3, so not sure if my height plays a part..... do you think a double bubble screen might help?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Kayley and welcome to 'the ward' :blink: , there is a miriad of opinion on screens for the divvy, you can buy daft** 'deflectors' that screw onto the top of the screen-these throw the airstream over your head (once adjusted properly), touring screens are much taller than the stock ones and would be a better option-look out for them on flea bay (beside the hens teeth) :)

I say daft because of the 'daft money' price tag-butt I've heard they work !, Gas-up-letgo might have a link ? :huh:

HTH :)

Hi Kayley and welcome to 'the ward' :blink: , there is a miriad of opinion on screens for the divvy, you can buy daft** 'deflectors' that screw onto the top of the screen-these throw the airstream over your head (once adjusted properly), touring screens are much taller than the stock ones and would be a better option-look out for them on flea bay (beside the hens teeth) :)

I say daft because of the 'daft money' price tag-butt I've heard they work !, Gas-up-letgo might have a link ? :huh:

HTH :)

Tbh honest I don't want a touring screen, I hoping to improve on looks (hence the DB screen) or am I after cake and wanting to eat it as well? As for prices, there's some on ebay for about 70 quid. Not sure if this is good or bad??? :huh:

Also I've been reading a thread on new members only joining to ask for help. I'm a member on a female biker site (bikegirl.co.uk) and it can seem pretty rude when a new member asked for something without even saying hi. I really hope I don't come across like that!! I will really appreciate any advice / replies I may get.

Kayley x