Suggestions?

ChristianSRA
This post is 5082 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well on July 14th this year I was deferred from the British army due to medical "problems" now if anyone here has any ideas I cannot join until 18 due to the two year deferral since that's due to asthma being declared on my record. The other is a allergic reaction to aspartame it's used as a sweetener (before this it was used as a nerve agent in the Vietnam war) now does anyone know how I could go about having this removed or overlooked on my medical file NOTE: I no longer have problems with this but we aren't aware how we can prove this

Cheers guys

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Have you considered a 2nd Opinion from your own GP ? Allergy tests are very straightforward so it shouldn't be difficult to have your GP write something down, of course your GP isn't very well paid and it's always hard for him to live off his poultry £100k a year, so you might have to pay for these tests.....

Just an idea, I've no experience of any of this.

I would think after getting something from your GP , as long as it supports what you are saying, you could go back to the Army and dispute thier findings ???

Cheers for the advice guys I am going to arrange an apointnent with my GP and the idea is even if I can have an allergy test (since I never actually had a test due to the fact my mum refused one due to the suspected problems that we never actually saw and that I never had) and due to have an inhaler issued to me 2 years ago I have to wait until I'm 18 anyway so I will just gather as much evidence as I can for the moment

sorry mate but if you have suffered with asthma in the last 4 years or have a history of it no chance,my son had applied years ago and was turned down and this goes for all branches of the armed forces have a look at this link.

http://www.armyjobs.mod.uk/howdoijoin/canijoin/Pages/DoYouHaveaMedicalCondition.aspx

sorry mate but if you have suffered with asthma in the last 4 years or have a history of it no chance,my son had applied years ago and was turned down and this goes for all branches of the armed forces have a look at this link.

On my medical deferral I have been deferred for 2 years due to the allergy and asthma and since I will be 4 years clear when I'm 18 I should still be able to apply but of course they have to put everything on your file into these letters as my family have a disease in the family which I have been tested negative for and that was even put on there as tested negative it's a strange set

http://www.armyjobs.mod.uk/howdoijoin/canijoin/Pages/DoYouHaveaMedicalCondition.aspx

sorry mate but if you have suffered with asthma in the last 4 years or have a history of it no chance,

Does this relate to Asthma in any case, or do they consider "childhood" asthma differently ?

Does this relate to Asthma in any case, or do they consider "childhood" asthma differently ?

the rules are that if you have not suffered or had any treatment for four years you will be considered but the reality is different, my son had childhood asthma but was turned down, i was as gutted as him as having spent most of my life in the army i knew what a great time he would have had.

when you join any branch of the armed services you will go through basic training and be expected to go through the gas chamber test,it is bad enough for anyone without respiritary problems but if you have any problems you will fail,at the end of the day any medical conditions that affect you also can affect your comrades who are reliant on you thats why the rules are so tough and with the cut backs past and present they can afford to be choosy.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online