breather/restrictor valve ? ? ? ? xvs 125cc

littlepig
This post is 5087 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys have read a ton on here about this valve or "plastic thingy" with ball bearing in.I would really like to find out where it is as can't seem to find it anywhere.If anyone can help or post a pic it would be much appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

its behind the speedo cover on the tank.

but on mine (2004) its just a metal pipe at a 90 degree angle so no restriction there!

plus the bike has a fuel pump that literally sucks the fuel out of the tank and puts it into the float bowl according to what revs your doing.

if ur looking to get a little more out of the engine then ur best bet is to put a 95 main jet in and get a larger front sprocket, this will give you a slight increase in torque and the gear increase will lower the revs so less strain is on the engine. you should also be able to get 60-65mph in 4th quite reasonably. if you wanted that little extra re-assurance then an iridium spark plug would help (but not to any noticeable extent!) it will just help the combustion out. plus a high flow oil filter and fresh oil every 6 months will help to make sure that the engine will last. :D

Paul, I've got that 90 degree angled thing connecting to a weird black hosey thingy? I haven't checked for a while plastic thingy.

Is the sproket easy to change? I remember last time I tried to remove a front sproket i dismally failed...

Also, what size jets it it? I'm looking to stick a 95 in. Is it a hard operation? :P

Chris

I have already got the an 18 tooth sprocket on the front,just wanting to find this valve to see if it makes any differance.so u reckon

I have to take the tank off ?

I think it's underneath the silvery plasticy speedo surround bit. You need to take that off and the rest is self explanatory. Undo whatever is holding it in place (two fixings to the front and one to the back), and lift up slightly (BUT NOT COMPLETELY) as you will have to disconnect the cables (dont worry they're piss to reconnect).

Chris

Paul, I've got that 90 degree angled thing connecting to a weird black hosey thingy? I haven't checked for a while plastic thingy.

Is the sproket easy to change? I remember last time I tried to remove a front sproket i dismally failed...

Also, what size jets it it? I'm looking to stick a 95 in. Is it a hard operation? :P

Chris

take the black hosey thingy off the 90 degree angle thing and blow through it (the hosey thingy not the 90 degree angle thing). if its restrictive then replace with one thats not, if you can blow through it no problem then put it back on.

to change the sprocket undo the bolts around the sprocket cover then take the cover off, give the sprocket face a quick wipe to get rid of some of the black sludge.

with the chain still on the sprocket, undo and take off the 2 bolts on the sprocket,

now there is a thin peice of metal that holds the sprocket on you need to turn it so the teeth in the middle line up with the grooves in the shaft then it should slide off. then take the chain off (or loosen the back wheel,undo the bolts that tighten the chain and push the wheel forward ) then slip the chain off the front sprocket and just wiggle the sprocket off.

now the jet is a little more tricky, you need to take the seat and tank off to get to the carb,

if you look on the post that i put up (pulse pump) il explain it more there as i can use the pics.

I might bosh it into the garage to do it next week (when I get paid :) ) to get the sprokets changed and maybe some other things...

Cheers for the help Paul :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online