Oil leakage, Silencer corrosions...of Virago XV125

Kelum
This post is 4982 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi friends...

My Virago bought recently having some issues and there are some switches I need to know about.

This is a 2004 model so I think it should be of XVS breed..

01. I have noticed lot of engine oil around the engine..it's all over belly of the engine, two heads (pins) and oil level seem to reduce heavily...is this a problem with sealants? Do I have to consider opening engine and place some new sealents to avoid this? Right after I got home today I noticed a considerable oil splash apparently seeped from rear head....which frightened me..must add some oil fast..

02. Earlier owners seem to have welded silencers underside..corrosions on silencers are strange just like they have been caused by some acid like fluid..lower silencer seems to have had tough time against hard materials such as concrete or rocks..lot of scratches underside..can anyone comment on this situation?

03. Been looking for the choke..found some lever attached to a cable in the throttle area which apparently is the choke, the lever sits on top of the left air cleaner ( the big ball-like structures on front left and right are air cleaners???)

04. At the left of the handle there are some switches- horn, turning,headlight...there's an additional switch (pink one)somewhat forward of which I dont know the function..can someone help please?

05. Front sockets of the bike cause the handle to make me feel some jolty 'taka taka ' feeling and sound when traveling, specially on jolty roads..is this normal? Operation is smooth on even road..

06. One of the rear sockets has bent somewhat..and when offroad the bike is very jolty..I saw somewhere that viragos do not perform good when offroad..can I go for better shock absorbers or I should remain with the original type?

Am sure you guys have gone through lot of repairs and experiences on Viragos..please help me understand my bike..these are the issues am having currently..I wanna get these fixed really fast..please help me.. :blink: :blink: :(

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

..where to start. :blink: .

ok

1. if you clean the engine so there is no oil on it then you can see where the leak is coming from, then if it leaks you will need to get new gaskets (sealant) but its a big job so best get a mechanic to do it.

2.the exhaust will corrode, best get some new ones (after you fix the oil leak!)

3.the choke im not sure about but if the bike starts up then its not a big problem.

4.its the flasher (flashes the low beam headlight to a high beam headlight)

5.if its the front forks your on about then you probably need to put more fork oil in them

6.if its bent get a new one and the bike is not meant to go off road.....at all

but if you need to go off road get some longer shocks!

Hi Paul, wow..thanks a lot for the answer dear friend...I should get all of these fixed soon...need to keep my bike healthy.. :rolleyes:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online