bobbed xs400

drewpy
This post is 4996 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

got permission to post this xs400 bobber on here from "the chopper underground" cracking bike and used spray paint in the tank and "fenders"

IMG_0618.jpg

DSCN2311.jpg

DSCN2312.jpg

DSCN2309-1.jpg

what the owner said...

Headlight is a Unity Spotlight with a sportster bulb

-21" front wheel from a yz125(i think)

-Pipes are stock but have had extentions welded on to delete the mufflers

-rear fender is a late 30s ford spare ring. Struts made out of flat stock from Menards with bends to conform to the fender and bottom mounts.

-Model A light

-Split HD tank that had but insides cut, trimmed and welded back together

-Duplicolor rattlecan tins and frame. Spraymaxx clear for the tank for gas protection(which has worked really great). I wet sanded and hand buffed the tank.

Frame-I cut everything off from the rear shocks back and cleaned up what was left of the frame(tabs, brackets and other crap). I cut the rear "triangle" of the frame and leaned the shocks down until i got the ride height and look that i wanted. I think i took about 3-4 inches out of the top and rear sides. I also pinched the upper frame a few inches where the rear of the tank is. Re-radiused the rear downtubes to work with the pinch which limited my filter choices. I ended up making extentions for the pods with step up exhaust tubing.

I made little mounts for the solo seat. The battery was a last minute idea since my lithium battery guy flaked on my for about 2 weeks and i needed power. I really like the mount though. It attacheds to the seat mounts and has some neat curves.

I have a new front end with a juice brake that will go on soon too. It's still mostly Yami but just with my twist i guess, haha. Everything has been done in my garage with a MIG, angle grinder, dremel, and other simple hand tools(no air tools yet). I did have my freind TIG the tank for me though since he offered but i made all the cuts and made the shape.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online