will yz parts fit a dt?

jakeDT125
This post is 4959 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

This question was already asked not long ago.

From what i hear, the mud-guards can be made to fit, possibly the carb, again with some modding. 

But the forks i don't know for sure, if it is possible, it will mean changing the forks, fork yokes(top and bottom) probably the bearings and bearing races too, front wheel, brake etc.. Just off that, it would mean you would loose the steering lock from your bike and probably be overly expensive for the small benefits reaped by fitting upside down forks. Not to mention that YZ forks are designed for off-road and thus would give a decrease in handling on-road. There are probably better bikes to take some forks from.

This question was already asked not long ago.

From what i hear, the mud-guards can be made to fit, possibly the carb, again with some modding. 

But the forks i don't know for sure, if it is possible, it will mean changing the forks, fork yokes(top and bottom) probably the bearings and bearing races too, front wheel, brake etc.. Just off that, it would mean you would loose the steering lock from your bike and probably be overly expensive for the small benefits reaped by fitting upside down forks. Not to mention that YZ forks are designed for off-road and thus would give a decrease in handling on-road. There are probably better bikes to take some forks from.

from that i guess its better for me to just buy some socks to spouse it up a little :)

thanks

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online