dt125r starting problems

willbobs
This post is 5089 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all this is my first post on this forum, i have a 2002 yamaha dt125r in good condition, i have a problem with it i put it away sunday night and today it wouldnt start, ive checked the petrol checked the spark plug etc etc, there is a white connector behind the water tank that is making a clicking noise could there be a problem with that or is there anything else it could be. sorry for being so vague, cheers will

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi all this is my first post on this forum, i have a 2002 yamaha dt125r in good condition, i have a problem with it i put it away sunday night and today it wouldnt start, ive checked the petrol checked the spark plug etc etc, there is a white connector behind the water tank that is making a clicking noise could there be a problem with that or is there anything else it could be. sorry for being so vague, cheers will

That white conector your talking about is the Netural Relay,,,,,,,it shouldnt be clicking. take it apart, clean the conections, spray with wd40, reconect and try start again.

What is the engine trying to do when you kick it over ?

sounds like your batterys fooked, try charging it and give it another go

chers

Al

A flat or even dead battery will not stop a DTR starting.

had the battery on charge and its full. wont even start with the battery full, been on phone to my friend who nos alot about bikes and he said that it will be the neautral relay

That is the neutral relay, is it still clicking after you haev cleaned the conections ? There is nothing you can do if the relay is fu.ked, you can only buy another one or second hand.

Put the bike in neutral and put the side stand up. Now try starting the bike ! Any joy ?

If the clicking is still there then ya need another relay or the bike wont start !

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online