choke plunger

Guest monkey12
This post is 5091 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Guest monkey12

hi i been sorting out my pre dive xj600

just cleaning the choke and managed to pull the end of the end choke plunger can i buy a new one anywhere?

and do you need to split the carbs to get at them?

lucky the end one may be ok with a socket but they made of very soft metal

and will bike fire up if only 3 choke plungers are ok ?

does anyone know how far out they supposed to be pulled out?

thanks for any replies

hope i dont need a new set of carbs

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
Guest monkey12

hi i been sorting out my pre dive xj600

just cleaning the choke and managed to pull the end of the end choke plunger can i buy a new one anywhere?

and do you need to split the carbs to get at them?

lucky the end one may be ok with a socket but they made of very soft metal

and will bike fire up if only 3 choke plungers are ok ?

does anyone know how far out they supposed to be pulled out?

thanks for any replies

hope i dont need a new set of carbs

managed to get a plunger choke valve of ebay but defo think you need to split carbs if needed to replace middle ones

howdy,,i recently changed mine on an rd,,coz it wouldn't stick open ,,,i know it ain't the same ,,but have a look at the base of the plunger stem for a rubber cover,,if you have one ,,,,,roll it back and get a ten mm spanner too it,,then slide it out and replace. is it not possible to araldite the puller back on......

Guest monkey12

howdy,,i recently changed mine on an rd,,coz it wouldn't stick open ,,,i know it ain't the same ,,but have a look at the base of the plunger stem for a rubber cover,,if you have one ,,,,,roll it back and get a ten mm spanner too it,,then slide it out and replace. is it not possible to araldite the puller back on......

there is on on ebay from a fzr 400 1988- 1990

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Yamaha-Mikuni-Carburettor-Choke-Starter-Set-FZR-2TK-1WG-/320600932119?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item4aa54dff17

does anybody know if this would fit says its of a mikuni 32mm carb