electric loom diagrams

Paulwhite
This post is 5013 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all iv searched google till iv got a headache and i cant find a good source for wiring diagrams anywhere!

just wondered if anyone could point me to a good site?

iv got to splice some honda cbr 125r (2004) parts/loom to a xvs 125 (2004) loom for my project but cant find any diagrams anywhere!

(im putting that engine into the drag frame but need to sort out the loom so it works)

any help would be appreciated

cheers . Paul .

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

try here, and hereMy link

thers' tons in the elctrical department

cheers drewpy for the links much apreciated! iv had a look and downloaded the yamaha zip folder but cant find a diagram for the xvs 125 dragstar (if there is one?), iv got hold of a haynes manual for the honda so im ok with that but just need the diagram for the dragstar, well.... i need to know what all the pins do on the starter relay (the block connected to the + on the battery) as there are 4 pins on the xvs and only 3 on the cbr.

cheers

. Paul .

cheers drewpy for the links much apreciated! iv had a look and downloaded the yamaha zip folder but cant find a diagram for the xvs 125 dragstar (if there is one?), iv got hold of a haynes manual for the honda so im ok with that but just need the diagram for the dragstar, well.... i need to know what all the pins do on the starter relay (the block connected to the + on the battery) as there are 4 pins on the xvs and only 3 on the cbr.

cheers

. Paul .

starter relays are simple beasts, 2 small wires to actuator, 1 big one in and out to the starter motor. A 4th must be earth, or some sort of cut off from the side stand!

starter relays are simple beasts, 2 small wires to actuator, 1 big one in and out to the starter motor. A 4th must be earth, or some sort of cut off from the side stand!

there is the big red one that hooks to the battery then the black one that goes to the starter motor, then there is a 4 pin socket 1pin will be a positive and 2 others will be the switch but im unsure what the 4th one is :blink: you could be right and its an earth but seems wierd that they would put an earth on the relay instead of just using the loom earth or the frame. might be another positive? il crack out the led bulbs and have a play later

cheers drewpy!

there is the big red one that hooks to the battery then the black one that goes to the starter motor, then there is a 4 pin socket 1pin will be a positive and 2 others will be the switch but im unsure what the 4th one is :blink: you could be right and its an earth but seems wierd that they would put an earth on the relay instead of just using the loom earth or the frame. might be another positive? il crack out the led bulbs and have a play later

cheers drewpy!

the relay would be normally be rubber mounted

paul,i thought you had downloaded the PDF file for the xvs125 service manual,if you have the wiring diagram is on the last few pages.

if you havent pm me with your e mail address and i will send you a copy.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online