YAMAHA XJ6 LED TAIL LIGHT WITH INTEGRATED INDICATORS

David Baker
This post is 4923 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390219237963&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_1408wt_922

Installed these today, i wont say its the easiest job under the sun but most people could do it. You need to do some cutting and soldering as the connections given aren't long enough and the correct shape.

Will post pictures in a while.

• 1 month later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I was wondering if anyone could help me. The LED tail light has three wires, the yamaha wiring has five. One for the tail light, one black and one coloured for both indicators. indicators work fine without both black wires not being connected. The problem i have is that the tail light stays red and doesn't turn off. Anyone got any ideas?

I was wondering if anyone could help me. The LED tail light has three wires, the yamaha wiring has five. One for the tail light, one black and one coloured for both indicators. indicators work fine without both black wires not being connected. The problem i have is that the tail light stays red and doesn't turn off. Anyone got any ideas?

isn't it supposed to be on all-of-the-time? my XJ6 tail light and 'side' light were always on, if the ignition was on.

isn't it supposed to be on all-of-the-time? my XJ6 tail light and 'side' light were always on, if the ignition was on.

hmmm, it just doesn't seem to get brighter when i put my foot or hand on the brake

mmm, weird. With LED tail light/brake lights, usually the with the brake on the LEDs glare and are too bright to look at for too long. With just tails it is not too bright.

guess there is a wiring issue then or the unit is faulty

These lights are an Integrated tail and indicator light, there is no stop light function-hence the lack of wires, your gonna have to add additional tail light or send it back me thinks :mellow:

These lights are an Integrated tail and indicator light, there is no stop light function-hence the lack of wires, your gonna have to add additional tail light or send it back me thinks :mellow:

I am still legal the way i am running the now yes?

I am still legal the way i am running the now yes?

Na, but with the tail light light constant, who's gonna notice for now, eh !

• 2 weeks later...

Hey David,

I have been thinking about this LED for a while now and wondering if it would be a good idea to install them on my bike. I have read what you have done so far and sounds like they dont work as theyre supposed too. With the indicators, do they look good? you should post some photos of the finished product. Do you think you could get some brighter LED brake bulbs installed in the cluster to make them work as they should, also what of the other two wires I am thinking theyre the hand and foot brake wires? Maybe my missus can buy me them for Xmas LOL

Nick

• 1 month later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online