Came off

ChristianSRA
This post is 5097 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well not much to say really I came off today on a corner when my rear tyre touched the mud there and weeeeee off I go along the road (about 2 metres :P) this is when I appreciated the fact I had leathers fortunately im fine only got a little graze but my right side fairing is dead :( bike runs fine just doesnt look the same :( poor girl will have to give her some extra TLC

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Now, I'm not mocking in any way, and I know the odds would be astronomical, butt, if there had been a sandcastle placed in the vicinity,,,,,, :P

glad your ok'ish m8 and only your wallet is dented :)

Sorry to here of your Off, and im glad your not hurt.

I'm not being a smart ass or anything But,,,,,,,,,people really need to start scaning the road in front of them ! As well as looking into the distance to see whats happening, Scan the road a few meters in front of you, it only takes a split second and allows you time to avoid something lying on the road ! Also riding in the centre of your lane is not always the best place to be as all sorts of dirt / stones / oil, (anything really) gathers here. This is especialy the case on smaller back roads or country roads.

Thats my 2 :twocents: for today !!!

sorry to here that chris,,iff your owt like me you'l be saying skin will heal but the bike cost's money.it's bollocks coming off i know,but hay soon be xmas eh..

Sorry to hear about this, mate.

Sometimes, you just can't avoid the shit. Glad to hear it wasn't a bad one and that there's not too much damage to you or the bike.

Best wishes for your swift return to the roads and many far better days thereafter!!

sorry to hear you came off, those fairings are not cheap not that any are,how bad is the damage? is it beyond repair.hope it doesnt cost you to much.

check out e bay for someone breaking one, saw one not to long ago for £70,yamaha want about £100 for fairing and £100 for stickers according to some lad who did the same as you on the yzf r125 forum.

sorry to hear you came off, those fairings are not cheap not that any are,how bad is the damage? is it beyond repair.hope it doesnt cost you to much.

check out e bay for someone breaking one, saw one not to long ago for £70,yamaha want about £100 for fairing and £100 for stickers according to some lad who did the same as you on the yzf r125 forum.

My dad has got some new fairing (some how no idea) cost £197 due to the fact the whole right hand side has snapped. My knee sliders took most of my leg damage and I'm happy to say I'm just fine :)

Sorry to hear about this, mate.

Sometimes, you just can't avoid the shit. Glad to hear it wasn't a bad one and that there's not too much damage to you or the bike.

Best wishes for your swift return to the roads and many far better days thereafter!!

Cheers :) and after going back up there to check if anything had come off the bike I mustve turned to late or not hard enough but not alot I can do now except learn :)

sorry to here that chris,,iff your owt like me you'l be saying skin will heal but the bike cost's money.it's bollocks coming off i know,but hay soon be xmas eh..

Yeah very much the same I love my bike like family :) and yeah definitely need to earn my money now to pay for my Christmas present (fairing) which should be here today haha

Sorry to here of your Off, and im glad your not hurt.

I'm not being a smart ass or anything But,,,,,,,,,people really need to start scaning the road in front of them ! As well as looking into the distance to see whats happening, Scan the road a few meters in front of you, it only takes a split second and allows you time to avoid something lying on the road ! Also riding in the centre of your lane is not always the best place to be as all sorts of dirt / stones / oil, (anything really) gathers here. This is especialy the case on smaller back roads or country roads.

Thats my 2 :twocents: for today !!!

I see what you mean I've been told about the middle of the road but never though to "plan" my route on such a small scale cheers for the help :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online