tzr 125 missfire

davey 123
This post is 5096 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All

i have a missfire over 7000 rpm on my tzr-r 125 belgrada, i have noticed that when i open the throttle all the way it missfires but if i open it very slowly as it accelerates it doesnt seem as bad although it still jerks above 8000rpm , it doesnt do it in the first 3 gears.

I have no real history on this bike, so if anyone out there knows what the correct standard jet sizes are it would be a good starting point, and or any tips as to carb and air mixture setting . it to me seems its either getting to much fuel and air or not enough.

thanks

Dave

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
Guest gary evans

Hi All

i have a missfire over 7000 rpm on my tzr-r 125 belgrada, i have noticed that when i open the throttle all the way it missfires but if i open it very slowly as it accelerates it doesnt seem as bad although it still jerks above 8000rpm , it doesnt do it in the first 3 gears.

I have no real history on this bike, so if anyone out there knows what the correct standard jet sizes are it would be a good starting point, and or any tips as to carb and air mixture setting . it to me seems its either getting to much fuel and air or not enough.

thanks

Dave

hi 180 main jet your air mixture should be 1 and 3 quarters out and your needle jet should be 4th from the top and float setting should be 21mm give it a good clean before putting it back together

gary