xj600 petrol tubes

Guest monkey12
This post is 5101 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Guest monkey12

hello i just cleaned carbs on an xj600 1990

problem is now i want to put tank on and fire her up

but there is 3 tubes from the carb on airbox side and one vent tube from other side

so i got 4 tubes and only 2 holes on the petrol tap does anyone know if i am missing a part or can anyone tell me how these tubes are routed as i cant find a picture on the haynes manual

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
Guest monkey12

hello i just cleaned carbs on an xj600 1990

problem is now i want to put tank on and fire her up

but there is 3 tubes from the carb on airbox side and one vent tube from other side

so i got 4 tubes and only 2 holes on the petrol tap does anyone know if i am missing a part or can anyone tell me how these tubes are routed as i cant find a picture on the haynes manual

been looking further and the vent tube on engine side fits into smaller hole on petrol tap

so do i need a 4 way splitter so main petrol tube splits and feeds the 3 tubes between the carbs ?

on my yzf 750 there is four pipes, one smaller diameter than the rest this is a vacuum and has to be connected to the tank.

the middle fat one is the petrol and also has to be connected to the tank and the other two are breathers and go nowhere

Hi monkey12.

Have you sorted out your problem yet, if not I will put a few photos on for you.

Mike

Guest monkey12

Hi monkey12.

Have you sorted out your problem yet, if not I will put a few photos on for you.

Mike

no not yet could you please post a few photos so i can sort it much appreciated thenks

no not yet could you please post a few photos so i can sort it much appreciated thenks

Will do, bear with me for five/ten minutes while I put them on photobucket.

right here we go. bearing in mind my fuel tank is upside down.

sorry about the delay but i'm not a tecky

photos not in correct order.

hope this helps

Mike

IMGP1569-1.jpg

IMGP1574.jpg

IMGP1572.jpg

IMGP1571.jpg

IMGP1573.jpg

Excellent posting Mike,,,however, when I turn my computer monitor upsidedown to see where the pipes go I cant read the writing :rolleyes:

Excellent posting Mike,,,however, when I turn my computer monitor upsidedown to see where the pipes go I cant read the writing :rolleyes:

If I'd have been clever Jim, I would have stood upside down on my head. :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online