Horses on the road.

DT Derek
This post is 4945 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Fit ye like scrinky, yer fair gittin yersel in a muckle stramash loon B)

Jim, you sound like Private Frazer from Dads Army. :lol:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim, you sound like Private Frazer from Dads Army. :lol:

Wur aw Doomed ah tell ye, DOOMED ;)

buy yourself dog ,,,let it run infront of you,,,you only have a 50,,,,,when it see's the shit ,,it will eat it ,,,,problem solved.:)

buy yourself dog ,,,let it run infront of you,,,you only have a 50,,,,,when it see's the shit ,,it will eat it ,,,,problem solved.:)

hehe derek im only 17 ive had a few near misses on my bike and learned from them i think you should do the same instead of ranting maybe i think everyone is being a bit harsh on him as you do learn by your mistakes id say take the advice from some of the older guys on here as they have been riding alot longer than me or you.

not everyone on the road is experianced enough

Hallelujah !

Guys,

and for the last time, you are taking a very stubborn stance regarding road hazards. If you don't stop spouting, and start listening you are going to learn the hard way.

1) You have to take responsibility for your own actions, no one else is.

2) You have to accept that there are many hazards on the roads, trust me, mud and horse crap are amoung the least likely to become a real risk. They don't move so you can take action without having to wonder where they are darting to next.

3) Learn this;

A hazard is something that has the potential to be dangerous, depending on other factors

The risk is conbination of the hazard and how you deal with it,

The Danger is the resultant action of yourself and the hazard.

For instance,

Petrol, on the floor is a hazard, the risk is fire

Cover it in foam and the risk becomes negligable - throw a match on it and it becomes dangerous, understand ?

The factor that changes things is the rider, not the hazard.

What are you going to do when you have an out-of-controll object hurtling towards you ?

Most of the guys on here have many years of experience riding, some have been riding since the last ice age, if you continue to discount the advive then you are doing nothing more than insulting the experience these people have.

Hallelujah !

Guys,

and for the last time, you are taking a very stubborn stance regarding road hazards. If you don't stop spouting, and start listening you are going to learn the hard way.

1) You have to take responsibility for your own actions, no one else is.

2) You have to accept that there are many hazards on the roads, trust me, mud and horse crap are amoung the least likely to become a real risk. They don't move so you can take action without having to wonder where they are darting to next.

3) Learn this;

A hazard is something that has the potential to be dangerous, depending on other factors

The risk is conbination of the hazard and how you deal with it,

The Danger is the resultant action of yourself and the hazard.

For instance,

Petrol, on the floor is a hazard, the risk is fire

Cover it in foam and the risk becomes negligable - throw a match on it and it becomes dangerous, understand ?

The factor that changes things is the rider, not the hazard.

What are you going to do when you have an out-of-controll object hurtling towards you ?

Most of the guys on here have many years of experience riding, some have been riding since the last ice age, if you continue to discount the advive then you are doing nothing more than insulting the experience these people have.

i agree with this totally gas up knows what he is talking about derek i think you need to listen rather than speak if you know what i mean.

Hallelujah !

some have been riding since the last ice age,

:lol::lol: i wonder who you mean

i have keep away from commenting on this subject till now derek,but as gas says there are loads of hazards out there on the road from road kill to gravel or mud but your biggest problem seems to be your attitude and if you carry on riding with that attitude then there is only one outcome you will be the next hazard on the road for the rest of us out there to avoid.

you need to also be able to take advice when offered, even at my age i still take advice when given. i have only one piece of advice for you, improve your observation and awareness skills and if you still cant see the hazard on the road then you are travelling to fast

Thats it Derek I'm Effin sick of it :angry:

your grounded for a month, and you can forget about going to 'Kangaroo Klub' on saturday aswell

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online