Ace cafe

Guest CardBoardDave
This post is 5064 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Brilliant write up and pics your Lordship, were you there at the palace to recieve your 'CBD' B)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha, your back mate.

Well done on the trip.

Them pictures bring me back a few years,,,,,,used to hang-out at these places on a nice sunny sunday. Beside "Big Ben" next to the river there is a shaft that drops 30 meters down and then crosses under the river.

I have a picture of me and an old girlfriend hanging out of the mouth of them lions in Trafalga Square, after we had a skip of dring, we were shortly moved on by the boys in blue after they caught us dancing on there back, its a hard job to clime up on them with a load of beer on board !

Glad ya made it with no probs. How many miles did ya clock up ? and why have ya got a fuel jar on the back ? Weather looked not to nice but still bet ya enjoyed !! fair play.

Give us the details of your journey !!!

:thumb:

Guest CardBoardDave

Well after a day stood up not moving much at work i can honestly say i really like this roaring coal fire next to me now!!

It took me 9 hours to get there Left at 10am because i slept in ordering my "breakfast" at 7pm. It was the best breakfast i rekon i have ever eaten an did i need it.

One thing i must get is a map because i got well lost in milton keynes.

I honestly can not remember how many times i fueled up. 6 recipts in my wallet but its all a bit hazzy, 2 bottles of oil bought. 568 miles coverd

Ride down was great clear sunny day not much traffic not that i was staying behind it any way. "got a long way to go and a short time to get there" in my head all the time and for me it was a run and i was the bandit. I kept her singing pretty much all the way B)

My plan was to have my brew £1 eat my breakie £7.45 :o (no hash browns) Bubble and squeak instead(its not just country folk that are strange)! buy some stickers £2 take me pic out side and head up to brum. Just too knacked in the end. Dark lashing down as well. I met Mark (the owner) He asked i told him and he said i was mad i said possiably he bought me a brew had a chat for a bit,told me of a bike friendy/safe parking b+b £40 mile up the road. Top bloke and a time warp rocker

Sunday morning i went back took me ace cafe photos and headed into the city.

Traffic in london was rammed. Fantastic :lol: I filltered that much i thought about changing my name to ken. And so many bikes every where what a place.

Did the photo tour but had no time to go saaarf of the river sadly.

Went back to ace for a smoke brew before heading home. Asked i bloke who pulled in as i was about to roll out for directions. Ignored me. I thought far do loud bike helmet maybe ear plugs in try again "scuze me mate" again no reply :angry: get some eye contact so i ask again. He mouths sorry im deaf :lol: not rude at all. Asked

another guy the way out of london. Lee? (sorry if i got it wrong mate heads gone) on a hornet. Top bloke rode with me out of london short cut style all the way to the A5 an dint want a penny. just said repaying a bikers help he had recived when he needed it.

Thats the way i ride too.

Rained pretty much all the way home. Wet roads distance to go soon be dark and i want to get most of it done by then led to some sideways rounderbouts as i wound on sumo B) and a good two wheel slide at one point.

Rode that bike hard and put it away wet

for me it was epic really enjoyed it

Any one?

http://www.ace-cafe-london.com/event_view.aspx?event_id=1774&date=07/11/2010%2000:00:00

7th november

Why take a picture of the gas tower in northampton (top picture) dave. Can't say its that interesting tbh? And if you ended up on the gasworks roundabout you took a bit of a detour :D .

Could have called into mine for a coffee on the way through.

well done Mate, that looks a proper adventure!

its what biking is all about, when you southern softies comming oop north? B)

Ahemm cough cough,

Guest CardBoardDave

Why take a picture of the gas tower in northampton (top picture) dave. Can't say its that interesting tbh? And if you ended up on the gasworks roundabout you took a bit of a detour :D .

Could have called into mine for a coffee on the way through.

Missed a junction and needed a fuel stop, and yeah dint i.

Asked a local for directions and in the end instead of up to tesco or what ever it was, left right right bidge left blah blah zzzzzzzz it should have been do a Uy and turn right 50 yards :angry::lol:

Am fkn gobsmacked dave:blink: , " Awsome" How can that little stroke do that.. its been on my "do b4 die list" [ Ace]

Right 7th nov :rolleyes: am thinkn "AYE." WHOS Going ?? leave yorkshire Fri" AM, Sir Dave ?

Guest CardBoardDave

Am fkn gobsmacked dave:blink: , " Awsome" How can that little stroke do that.. its been on my "do b4 die list" [ Ace]

Right 7th nov :rolleyes: am thinkn "AYE." WHOS Going ?? leave yorkshire Fri" AM, Sir Dave ?

Im goin if alls still well

Im goin if alls still well

okey dokey" Warm clothes" waterproofs " and two-stroke in bag [ cynic]:D , B&b in north of London area, " ,[ split the ride] Fri,------ , Sat, pop in see cynic, he take us to Ace B)

I honestly can not remember how many times i fueled up. 6 recipts in my wallet but its all a bit hazzy, 2 bottles of oil bought. 568 miles coverd

What ya have said here suggests to me that you are running very rich mixture !

I know ya said 6 receipt's but a bit hazzy,,,,,,still though 2 bottles of oil and 568 miles doesnt sound right. That said, its better to be over-rich on long runs and high speed.

I am comparing your journey to my journey to Squires.

I made my bike more rich for the trip and i only burnt 1+1/4 bottle of oil.

Worth cheking your mixture setting just to make sure !

Guest CardBoardDave

Oh she smoked well. Was running standard auto lube plus 250ml per 10 liter of fuel = 5%?

Giving her (she nolonger "it" very proud owner :D) a full day of tlc and gently massage at the weekend :lol:

Aye dave" will it not be busy traffic around london fridat 5pm-ish, , , quieter on sat morning ? ,

Aye pat what s your pump set at ? 40/1 ,, dave could be 32/1 , :unsure:

incidently " just bought new chain saw , and instructs 25/1 :rolleyes: , mmmmm thats 1970s ratio ,,

Aye dave" will it not be busy traffic around london fridat 5pm-ish, , , quieter on sat morning ? ,

Aye pat what s your pump set at ? 40/1 ,, dave could be 32/1 , :unsure:

incidently " just bought new chain saw , and instructs 25/1 :rolleyes: , mmmmm thats 1970s ratio ,,

Aye John, am pritty sure am at 40 or 45/1.......i get 41/2 tanks of fuel to 1ltr of 2t oil.......i always make it more rich if am on a long journey or giving it a good old trashing :D

waaaaaaaaay too far for me lads,,it felt like i had been rogered by a nibber going to squires on that seat of mine,,,London,,,nay i will leave it to the men....:D

Guest CardBoardDave

Yay booked and recived the week starting 8th nov off :D Thinking head down to lands end monday then spend a few days heading up the coast as far as i an get

Are you serious about going to ace? I reckon ill be leaving friday afterwork get half way stop over somewhere maybe here http://www.transportcafe.co.uk/coalville.html then head into london.

Yay booked and recived the week starting 8th nov off :D Thinking head down to lands end monday then spend a few days heading up the coast as far as i an get

Are you serious about going to ace? I reckon ill be leaving friday afterwork get half way stop over somewhere maybe here http://www.transport.../coalville.html then head into london.

Yip , What day is Blue Haze Day Sunday ? B)

Why not wait till next MayJune and be almost guaranteed some good frost free weather, and al gang tae scrinky B) an help ye finish yer Glayva !

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online