TZR250/YZF-R125 Hybrid

2moto
This post is 5119 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, new member here. Also posted this in the workshop section, but maybe more appropriate here. Anyhooo...

My current project is very much Yamaha related, although it's a special. It all started with a YPVS350LC engine that has been slightly tuned. Had it sitting around for a while and finally decided to find a new home for it. To make a long story short, I decided to put it into a TZR-250 3MA frame, which it went into without too much fuss. The search for more modern bodywork lead me to the YZF-R125 as it it both modern and slim. Again, with a bit of fitting work it went on pretty easily.

There is still loads to do and you can see the progress here: Build blog

p1000527%20blog.jpg

However, I do have a request for help. I am using the original clocks and speedo sensor from a YZF-R125, but the front end from a ZX-6R. Does anyone know how the electronic sensor works on the R125? I need to modify the ZX6 wheel hub to match the R125 front wheel. But, as I don't have a R125 wheel, I am stuck. Can anyone shed some light onto this? Any help is very much appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online