SR 250 Carb

Guest CHRIS-B
This post is 5104 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Guest CHRIS-B

Hi,

Wonder if any one can help, I have a couple of old SR 250'S, one for spares and one for thrashing to within an eighth of an inch of it's life. The problem i have is that on both carbs [the one on the bike and the spare one] the Diapragm's are split and have multiple little splits in. I cant find anywhere that would be able to replace the Diaphragm's, and even if i could find somewhere i suspect that the price would be double what the bike is worth..

So in a nut shell would it possible to either repair the Diaphragm [if so what with], or does anyone know if a completely different carb from maybe another bike could be adapted or even maybe fit straight on the bike with little hassle. :DB) Or even [silly me] perhaps someone may even be kind enough to be able to replace mine with a proper SR 250 one.....

Any help on this matter would be gratefully recieved......

Many thanks in advance..........Chris

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,

Wonder if any one can help, I have a couple of old SR 250'S, one for spares and one for thrashing to within an eighth of an inch of it's life. The problem i have is that on both carbs [the one on the bike and the spare one] the Diapragm's are split and have multiple little splits in. I cant find anywhere that would be able to replace the Diaphragm's, and even if i could find somewhere i suspect that the price would be double what the bike is worth..

So in a nut shell would it possible to either repair the Diaphragm [if so what with], or does anyone know if a completely different carb from maybe another bike could be adapted or even maybe fit straight on the bike with little hassle. :DB) Or even [silly me] perhaps someone may even be kind enough to be able to replace mine with a proper SR 250 one.....

Any help on this matter would be gratefully recieved......

Many thanks in advance..........Chris

Hi,

try nrp-carbs.co.uk, or call 0161 832 8646. They do a comprehensive range of replacement diaphragms/carb kits. No, I don't work for them.

Good luck

can repair them with rubber glue (cycle inner tube stuff), but your better off replacing