YZF-R125 speedo sensor/drive

2moto
This post is 5106 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, new member here. My current project is very much Yamaha related, although it's a special. It all started with a YPVS350LC engine that has been slightly tuned. Had it sitting around for a while and finally decided to find a new home for it. To make a long story short, I decided to put it into a TZR-250 3MA frame, which it went into without too much fuss. The search for more modern bodywork lead me to the YZF-R125 as it it both modern and slim. Again, with a bit of fitting work it went on pretty easily.

There is still loads to do and you can see the progress here: Build blog

p1000527%20blog.jpg

However, I do have a request for help. I am using the original clocks and speedo sensor from a YZF-R125, but the front end from a ZX-6R. Does anyone know how the electronic sensor works on the R125? I need to modify the ZX6 wheel hub to match the R125 front wheel. But, as I don't have a R125 wheel, I am stuck. Can anyone shed some light onto this? Any help is very much appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.