could it work?...

wild foamy
This post is 5095 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey peeps.

just been reading through the squires thread, kinda made me think about my old DT and the smell of two stroke... and also my old Jawa and the smell of two stroke and the 'agro its caused me over the past year and a bit ive had it...

so, im thinking of getting it back on the road... however, after the slight mishap with the forks and the late mr JimR (not seen him in aaaages!), ive given up on the stock jawa forks...

now, here comes my brilliant idea...

when rebuilding the XJs forks, i happened to notice that it uses 36mm fork stanchions, same size as the jawa, and the bike is more or less the same height and the same sort of shape (tourer-ish) albeit the jawa is about 50kg lighter.

so, with that in mind, would i be able to;

A: use a complete set of forks, front wheel and braking system from an XJ in my existing Jawa yokes

B: use only a set of stanchions and the internal workings from an XJ with my existing Jawa braking system/wheel unit.

if i can find an answer to this question, maybe i can coax the jawa up to Squires '11 :D (i really hope there will be another one, never got a chance to go to the last one!)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Nothings impossible, if i was going to do it i would look at using the XJ's tripple clamps too. Much as the forks are the same diameter the spacing will most likely be different together with the spindle etc. Both bikes use conventional bars so i'd swap the lot from a divvy or something like. Do the back wheel as well and only a real jawa fan would know.

Make sure you buy the lot from a breaker as a lump its much cheaper to buy a complete front end.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry to drag up an old thread...

would it be possible to use JUST the silver fescalised portion (RAF terminology there, lol), running inside the original jawa stanchions?, that would save me so much work and also keep the jawa looking original ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online