rd350lc brass ring

up.yours
This post is 5104 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi you lot. i lost the front sprocket the otrher day,, on opening the crank casing a large brass ring fell out,am i right in thinking it lives behind the spocket up against the bearing seal,,as i think this is a spacer,it has a groove around the outer edge,,ta kev

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You"l be right Kev, as if it were a locking washer [out-side of sprocket] it would have tabs folded over,;)

i think i am right ,but there is no referance made of this in the hynes book of how not to...

Yea it is mate, got the self same thing on my DT. If the seal leaks try turning it round.

i had the spacer inspected to day and it has been identified as a,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,?,,,,ferkin older type lc exhaust gasket,,,how it got in there ,or why it was in there ,no one seems to know,,,any ideas boys..:blink:

i had the spacer inspected to day and it has been identified as a,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,?,,,,ferkin older type lc exhaust gasket,,,how it got in there ,or why it was in there ,no one seems to know,,,any ideas boys..:blink:

Pictures......

sorry jase,i threw it away,i saw our local rd expert, and he confirmed it to be a gasket that shouldn't be there,,i suggested it may have been used as a shim or a spacer.he says no .so it's gone.still don't know how it got in there,joshua2 had the bike for ten years b4 me and he don't know either.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online