YZF 600 Thundercat Overheating?

roly1983
This post is 4954 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello everybody. My name is Roland, and I own a 1998 Thundercat, 30.000 Km in mint condition. This is my second bike so my level of experience regarding motorcycles is low.

Though there are 2 main problems.

When in city traffic, the coolant temperature gauge goes up to 110 degrees Celsius, to the edge of the red zone, then the fan kicks in. The coolant was flushed and replaced, but still the issue remains unsolved. On the highway temperature stays at around 80-85 degrees.

Is the temperature sensor that is wired to the temperature gauge faulty?

Second problem. Tires. The ones on the bike are pretty old an I decided to change both of them. I got a good deal with Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa. Are these tires any good? Or should I be looking for something else?

Thank you

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello everybody. My name is Roland, and I own a 1998 Thundercat, 30.000 Km in mint condition. This is my second bike so my level of experience regarding motorcycles is low.

Though there are 2 main problems.

When in city traffic, the coolant temperature gauge goes up to 110 degrees Celsius, to the edge of the red zone, then the fan kicks in. The coolant was flushed and replaced, but still the issue remains unsolved. On the highway temperature stays at around 80-85 degrees.

Is the temperature sensor that is wired to the temperature gauge faulty?

Second problem. Tires. The ones on the bike are pretty old an I decided to change both of them. I got a good deal with Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa. Are these tires any good? Or should I be looking for something else?

Thank you

Hi,

if your sitting in traffic for a long time then I think that this is normal; as long as it cools a bit when the fan kicks in. Mine does it when I get stuck in traffic. Maybe you should try filtering more!

Don't know about the pirelli's, I always use bridgestone's; great in the wet and all round.

Hope this is of some use. Cheers