Removing Bar End Weights on XJ6

David Baker
This post is 5106 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Simple question. Where can i get the tool to remove the Bar End Weights on my XJ6. I've tried alan key's up to a size 13" but they are still too small. Is there a tool i am missing?

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've the head of of bolt welded to either a bar or a nut for 17mm hex before

I got the correct Hex key, its an 8 mm i had 6,7,10mm haha. Problem is now it wont bloody move. Its like its stuck on, i tried putting the hex key in and hammering the hex key and that still didn't budge it.

I got the correct Hex key, its an 8 mm i had 6,7,10mm haha. Problem is now it wont bloody move. Its like its stuck on, i tried putting the hex key in and hammering the hex key and that still didn't budge it.

what you need is a hex socket (i have 1/2 drive halfrauds- its good to have a proper set with the increasing use of socket-head bolts). You can make one, by cutting an 8mm allen key down (a strong one), so you have a straight shaft and then putting this into an 8mm socket and using your ratchet or whatever. The reason it is tight is because Yamaha use thread lock.

what you need is a hex socket (i have 1/2 drive halfrauds- its good to have a proper set with the increasing use of socket-head bolts). You can make one, by cutting an 8mm allen key down (a strong one), so you have a straight shaft and then putting this into an 8mm socket and using your ratchet or whatever. The reason it is tight is because Yamaha use thread lock.

I got it off the day thankfully. I used the hex key and one of the mini pole things you get in the tool kit and yanked it and it came off. I didn't want to give halfrauds any more money than what they are worth. Its quite interesting, the first spate of downpour and the glue on my heated grips stops sticking to the accelerator. I have tried Renthal Grip Glue now, hopefully it'll stick before the morning or i'm back to square one. Not impressed, new bike, within the first month the Meta alarm breaks and now with the onset of Winter the grips start to play up. Does this happen much with heated grips?

I got it off the day thankfully. I used the hex key and one of the mini pole things you get in the tool kit and yanked it and it came off. I didn't want to give halfrauds any more money than what they are worth. Its quite interesting, the first spate of downpour and the glue on my heated grips stops sticking to the accelerator. I have tried Renthal Grip Glue now, hopefully it'll stick before the morning or i'm back to square one. Not impressed, new bike, within the first month the Meta alarm breaks and now with the onset of Winter the grips start to play up. Does this happen much with heated grips?

i always stick them on with copious amounts of Tensol 12.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online