Hard starting 81 dt175, when cold

saltcreekknife
This post is 5115 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Thanks for bearing with me as I get my bike "tuned". I am having a problem when first starting the bike for the day. It doesn't want to start. It might take 10, 15, 20 kicks to get it going. Once going, it starts on the first kick. Compression is good, great spark, and fuel. If I stop and take out the plug and then put it back in, it starts right up. Am I flooding it somehow? I am using a 2 stroke oil by maxima called "super m." It is for oil injected bikes. Could this cause a problem?

When I first start it up I turn on the gas, pull out the choke, and kick the kick start. I open the throttle as I do this. Is this the correct procedure? And does the removal of spark plug give any hints? This is my first DT.

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

When I first start it up I turn on the gas, pull out the choke, and kick the kick start. I open the throttle as I do this. Is this the correct procedure? And does the removal of spark plug give any hints? This is my first DT.

Thanks

Dont open the throttle until it fires, or if you do...only a very small amount ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online