DT 50

triggs
This post is 5111 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, my son has a DT50 MX 1986 model. after he has been driving for around 2 miles his engine starts to cut out. If he drops the revs for a couple of mins it runs ok again. Im stuck for answers, has anyone got ant ideas. PLEASE.

Cheers

Dave.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have recently replaced the bore and piston. And it was happening before I replaced it.

It jerks and stutters then restarts and is ok for a couple of miles.

It happens when the engine is both warm and cold, also when it is ridden gently.

When it cuts out, Its almost like its running out of fuel.

Dont know about when the clucth is pulled in, I will get him to try it.

It has a standard exhaust and air filter

could be water in the tank and hence in the carb float bowl, try draining the float bowl.

Ho Paul, I tried that one already, its got me quite stumped, i will drain the tank incase there is dirt in there, cant do it tomorrow afternoon, I will let you know what happens.

Hi all, Thanks for your suggestions so far. Got the tank and carb clean now, took for a test drive and it still cuts out after about a mile, tried putting the choke on it made no difference also tried taking the petrol cap off, again no difference. When I pulled the clutch in it ticked over ok. When driving it starts a bit sluggish in every gear and all of a sudden takes off then like i say after a mile stutters and splutters and dies off, if you pull over for 30 secs she goes well again for a short period. He did run out of 2 stroke that is why I replaced the bore, However, I did bleed the 2 stroke. All the earths are good. Now im all out of options