Fall out from a duff bulb....

Cynic
This post is 5034 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Oh well, got a high frequency vibe at around 7000rpm now and down around 10mph, definitely need more throttle for comparable amounts of go so looks like i'm rebuilding the TDR's top end over the winter... :(

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Oh well, got a high frequency vibe at around 7000rpm now and down around 10mph, definitely need more throttle for comparable amounts of go so looks like i'm rebuilding the TDR's top end over the winter... :(

:( A well,,,,,,shit happens,,,,,what can ya do !

Will this mean the big end also ?

Will this mean the big end also ?

I hope not, wont know till i take it down.

I hope not, wont know till i take it down.

Aye, probably not mate, with a bit of luck !

Is the noise like a high metalic rattle in the high revs and does it start to be herd when slowely giving it some throttle from idle.

Aye, probably not mate, with a bit of luck !

Is the noise like a high metalic rattle in the high revs and does it start to be herd when slowely giving it some throttle from idle.

No, not any noise i can here but there is a definite vibe in the bars and some of the horses have fled the stable. She felt slower when i was out this afternoon. I'm hoping its a compression difference between the barrels.

I'm hoping its a compression difference between the barrels.

Just what i was thinkin jase, bet the rings on one cylnder, are heat stressed, and receded into the grooves [ seen it before] :(

I was out taday, selkirk classic show, 245mls on the triple , pissed rain half the distance.---- grabbing the last days of summer,B)

Just what i was thinkin jase, bet the rings on one cylnder, are heat stressed, and receded into the grooves [ seen it before] :(

I was out taday, selkirk classic show, 245mls on the triple , pissed rain half the distance.---- grabbing the last days of summer,B)

I see you didnt make it to the Triples rally in kent then Blackhat ?

what happened

:angry: vibrations got worse today, the vibes were getting worse this morning and were bad enough on the way home to make my feet go numb.

Hey ho, i was going to do the wheels over the winter, looks like its the motor instead.

I see you didnt make it to the Triples rally in kent then Blackhat ?

what happened

Aye all" It was a brdige too far, having spent three weekends on the bounce in a tent [ Thundrer in Glen- Shehalion- Squires,] spoke with Tartan Triple,[ Edinburgh] we thot weather looked dodgy,

and 510mls each way,:blink: Was just too much, But next year:rolleyes: will be prepared, gonna take week off ,- hit Squires ,- then ACE caffe, and on to Southern Triples rallyB) Roll on next summer,

Kev you've done it now, fate is going to bend you over and make whoopie with yo arse for that statement.

chin up lads,,,,,,,,mines running fine :D

oh kev with jason on this,what a statement hope you dont learn the hard way tempting fate. :o

last year i said i had never had a puncture. :huh: since then i have had five. :(

it's a good job i don't beleve in fate then.im going up to the lakes with rob, the lad who came to squires ,this saterday,and i know it will get me there and back,i dont even have breakdown cover,thats how confident i am......i bet you evil gets are all crossing your fingers now,,,ha ha .it will be back at squires next year ,mark my words.

May have some good news, went all over the bike today running the motor listening for noises and such. Deffinite top end rattle, slap or little end not sure but the motor don't vibrate on the stand.

Looked a bit more started to piss the neighbours off a bit with revving and such :rolleyes: . Still no real vibes. I'm thinking it may be the chain, looks ok but there is a defo tight spot and the sprockets are worn. Could be the 400mile weekend killed it and i've got hung up on the oil thing.

Going to order a c/s set and some cush rubbers, no loss if it don't help. Maybe Kev distracted fate's attention :P

im going up to the lakes with rob, the lad who came to squires ,this saterday,

Yeh i remember him [ bandit] he drank the last of the Glava" Where are you heading , in lake district,, ?

May have some good news, went all over the bike today running the motor listening for noises and such. Deffinite top end rattle, slap or little end not sure but the motor don't vibrate on the stand.

Looked a bit more started to piss the neighbours off a bit with revving and such :rolleyes: . Still no real vibes. I'm thinking it may be the chain, looks ok but there is a defo tight spot and the sprockets are worn. Could be the 400mile weekend killed it and i've got hung up on the oil thing.

Going to order a c/s set and some cush rubbers, no loss if it don't help. Maybe Kev distracted fate's attention :P

:lol: :lol: I think maby he did !!! eh Kev.

That is kinda good news Cynic,,,,,,, a top end rattle or slap- this can give bad vibrations in the bars when bike is on the move, espically at constant throttle (ie,not pulling or not engine braking) Top end that is going can be herd at its worst when the bike is started from cold and throttle is gently being applied.

Dont really know how a tight spot in the chain would effect things ??

:lol: :lol: I think maby he did !!! eh Kev.

That is kinda good news Cynic,,,,,,, a top end rattle or slap- this can give bad vibrations in the bars when bike is on the move, espically at constant throttle (ie,not pulling or not engine braking) Top end that is going can be herd at its worst when the bike is started from cold and throttle is gently being applied.

Dont really know how a tight spot in the chain would effect things ??

As a chain wears it developes a tight spot, this gets tighter and tighter. The bikes only got 9000mile so it could be the original chain (23years young). I adjusted it before i left for the squires. If the chain has tightend up with the 300miles of motorway the tight spot will be felt every time it travels over the front sprocket.

Thats what i'm hoping for anyway. ;)

As a chain wears it developes a tight spot, this gets tighter and tighter. The bikes only got 9000mile so it could be the original chain (23years young). I adjusted it before i left for the squires. If the chain has tightend up with the 300miles of motorway the tight spot will be felt every time it travels over the front sprocket.

Thats what i'm hoping for anyway. ;)

A yes,,,,, then thats maby/hopefully why you were getting vibes through the pegs when on the move and now there isnt any when on the stand.

Hopefully it wont all be as bad as first thaught ! good luck !

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online