yamaha dt125

ging
This post is 4457 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hello guys i have a DTR 125 and some one has told me to put a DEP exaust on it to make it go a little faster .so i had a look and there like 200 to 250 pound is there anything i can do to my exaust instead  .thanks dave

What year?

Did ya not read the link i sent to you in your other post. !!!!! !!!!! !!!!!

its about de-restricting a 02 DTR 125 !!!!! !!!!! !!!!!

Did ya not read the link i sent to you in your other post. !!!!! !!!!! !!!!!

its about de-restricting a 02 DTR 125 !!!!! !!!!! !!!!!

yes mate i dant but i dant get it. have i got to buy a new exaust or take the old one of and if so what do i do next

can u send it again i cant find it thanks for your help by the way

http://www.yamahaclub.com/forums/topic/20583-de-restricting-my-dt125r/

yes mate i dant but i dant get it. have i got to buy a new exaust or take the old one of and if so what do i do next

If ya cant redline your bike in 4th or 5th gear then you have either one or both of these things

1) your reed switch in the speedo needs to come out (dont cut the wires)

2)your exhaust is restricted in the front section,,,,,,take it off and look up it. there is a cone shape bit in it that needs to be cut out. Do this and you will have the ability to fully rev your bike and blow the balls out of it if ya want.

Read the rest of the link and do the rest of the stuff to if ya want but this much should make ya happy,,,,,,,,,YOU should also TELL your insurance company or your insurance will be void !

Only exhausts that have a number stamped on them 3MB-14610 will have the restrictor in them. If yours is that version take it off and have a look. While it's off check your PV is set up right, Turn key ON, after cleaning cycle check the slot in the pulley is aligned with the 4mm hole behind it...turn key OFF, then look in the exhaust port to see that the PV is flush with the top of the port.

Only exhausts that have a number stamped on them 3MB-14610 will have the restrictor in them. If yours is that version take it off and have a look. While it's off check your PV is set up right, Turn key ON, after cleaning cycle check the slot in the pulley is aligned with the 4mm hole behind it...turn key OFF, then look in the exhaust port to see that the PV is flush with the top of the port.

were is the number on the exaust mate

If ya cant redline your bike in 4th or 5th gear then you have either one or both of these things

1) your reed switch in the speedo needs to come out (dont cut the wires)

2)your exhaust is restricted in the front section,,,,,,take it off and look up it. there is a cone shape bit in it that needs to be cut out. Do this and you will have the ability to fully rev your bike and blow the balls out of it if ya want.

Read the rest of the link and do the rest of the stuff to if ya want but this much should make ya happy,,,,,,,,,YOU should also TELL your insurance company or your insurance will be void !

thanks pal your a star

• 1 year later...

Wow some people..

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online